website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Cup 2019 - 2020

Totallympics

9 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

Sad, but I’m not surprised.  Thought that she had left it one year too long, but she got a win this year and justified the season.  She was a dual XC - biathlete for a long time in her career, but in XC she used the alias Mäkäräinen - a disguise which managed to fool more than one Eurosport commentator.  :thumbup:

Otherwise known as Maekaeraenen to those that really hate those scary unfamiliar letters :p

9 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

Sad, but I’m not surprised.  Thought that she had left it one year too long, but she got a win this year and justified the season.  She was a dual XC - biathlete for a long time in her career, but in XC she used the alias Mäkäräinen - a disguise which managed to fool more than one Eurosport commentator.  :thumbup:

So people didn't realize Mäkäräinen was Mäkäräinen or what am I missing? :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, Werloc said:

Otherwise known as Maekaeraenen to those that really hate those scary unfamiliar letters :p

Otherwise known as FIS :p 

Jarkko Maeaettae agrees.

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

By the way, today is exactly 10 years (to the day) since Fourcade's first World Cup win.

A pursuit.

In Kontiolahti.

15 minutes ago, Werloc said:

Yeah, you are right, that is what it was.

The story I was trying to remember was that for a while she did both biathlon & XC. In the IBU on-screen graphics she was Mäkäräinen, but the next week whenever there was a team sprint or a 10k Individual Start the XC FIS on-screen graphics automatically and wrongly transliterated that to Maekaeraeinen. As I say, the English-speaking ES commentators never once realised that it was the same person.

11 minutes ago, justony said:

Here we go, final chapter to winter sports 2019/20 season (outside of curling and hockey, to be accurate). ?

:cry::cry::nopompom:

Actually, not just the winter sports season....:zip:

Doro going for it!

Gains a shot!

Edited by Grassmarket