website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Cup 2019 - 2020

Totallympics

On 10/03/2020 at 11:01, RobtheAggie said:

Are the Italians racing in the last two events?

WINTER SPORTS

• The Italian Winters Sports Federation (FISI) suspended all activity across its disciplines, including skiing, snowboarding and biathlon.

yes, the National Teams' athletes are still allowed to train and, if already abroad (which is the case of the biathlon world cup team), they can continue their activity as always...

51 minutes ago, RobtheAggie said:

Men's big globe (with two worst removed):

Fourcade 797

Fillon - Maillet - 753

JTB - 810

Women's big globe (with two worst removed):

Wierer 741

Eckhoff  707 

Oeberg 705. 

Conspiracy theory alert - if JTB and Eckhoff are ahead after Kontiolahti , Oslo gets cancelled and both Norwegians win!  - Not that I believe it, but I could see people saying this.

I strongly believe that will happen for sure!

Norwegians are greedy and arrogant enough to do that kind of things...

2 hours ago, phelps said:

Plus Norwegian authorities already hinted pretty strongly at cancelling events like this and the entire Holmenkollen Festival was already held mostly without spectators, so it would simply be perfectly in line with the current reality.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 hours ago, phelps said:

They really wouldn't mind Kranjska Gora in alpine skiing to be cancelled as well (one big and two small globes going to Norwegians as of now).

4 minutes ago, RobtheAggie said:

I think the last WC event to be cancelled, not moved was out in Russia and a light pole fell over due to high wind.  

Yeah, Khanty-Mansiysk a few years ago. That was quite something indeed.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

On a press conference, the Finnish Government has recommended all public events with more than 500 spectators should be cancelled until the end of May. Notice, it's only a recommendation! However, this could affect the WC stage in Kontiolahti. 

Edited by Wumo