website statistics

Alpine Skiing FIS World Cup 2019 - 2020

Totallympics

And there starts the downfall (I hope not)

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, dcro said:

Was Levi postponed this season? I feel like it was usually held earlier in the month.

I also seem to remember that it used to be scheduled one week earlier, but there have been cancellations recently, so perhaps this is why.

I also have the impression there is a generally lot more early snow in Europe this last three or four years.  When I first started following all winter sports about 15 years ago there were a lot more early cancellations.  Or races having to be held in the same venue two or even three weeks in a row because of lack of snow.  Now, cancellations are more often due to blizzards, avalanche risks or too much unpressed snow.

12 hours ago, Grassmarket said:

I also seem to remember that it used to be scheduled one week earlier, but there have been cancellations recently, so perhaps this is why.

I also have the impression there is a generally lot more early snow in Europe this last three or four years.  When I first started following all winter sports about 15 years ago there were a lot more early cancellations.  Or races having to be held in the same venue two or even three weeks in a row because of lack of snow.  Now, cancellations are more often due to blizzards, avalanche risks or too much unpressed snow.

Definitely more snow almost everywhere in the West this year. The only place really behind is West Coast US. Northern Europe and the Alps are doing very well from my understanding. I know the East Coast and Canada have been doing well in places too.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

Definitely more snow almost everywhere in the West this year. The only place really behind is West Coast US. Northern Europe and the Alps are doing very well from my understanding. I know the East Coast and Canada have been doing well in places too.

The problem is not 'we don't have snow'. The problem in many places at the moment is 'there's so much we can't guarantee safety'.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

34 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

The problem is not 'we don't have snow'. The problem in many places at the moment is 'there's so much we can't guarantee safety'.

Which is definitely the better of two problems to have in my opinion.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Here we go :)