website statistics

Alpine Skiing FIS World Cup 2019 - 2020

Totallympics

29 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Cortina finals are canceled from what i'm reading. The organizers proposed starts with no spectators, but all the teams rejected the idea. BS decision. No chance for Shiffrin to make a comeback now. Can't decide if this will help Kilde or Pinturault now. If only Kilde hadn't blown the SG last week :facepalm:

That was the great concern the Italians will use the coronavirus to protect Brignone's overall lead. Shiffrin is 153 pts back with three Are races, basically she'd have to win them all and count for Brignone to bomb in PSL and slalom to somehow take the lead back. Vlhova would have had a better chance if she didn't blow the Crans Montana AC.

4 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

That was the great concern the Italians will use the coronavirus to protect Brignone's overall lead. Shiffrin is 153 pts back with three Are races, basically she'd have to win them all and count for Brignone to bomb in PSL and slalom to somehow take the lead back. Vlhova would have had a better chance if she didn't blow the Crans Montana AC.

Come on, mate, everything in Italy is being cancelled at the moment, there’s no point in starting crackpot theories.  :redcard:

Shiffrin in her message clearly alerted her fans, that she just started to train a couple of days ago and she is not expecting anything great and hope for some patience from her fans,. well, now is also how much we can trust this too seriously since we know how great skier she is :p but personally I would not be surprised to not see her ranked very high in any of the 3 Are races though due the lack of training

11 hours ago, Monzanator said:

But are you crazy or what? :p

The Italian Federation was the only federation that vote for the finals..

12 hours ago, hckosice said:

Shiffrin in her message clearly alerted her fans, that she just started to train a couple of days ago and she is not expecting anything great and hope for some patience from her fans,. well, now is also how much we can trust this too seriously since we know how great skier she is :p but personally I would not be surprised to not see her ranked very high in any of the 3 Are races though due the lack of training

I'm expecting the same kind of thing as with Vlhova early in the season, "I'm not great yet" but meanwhile outskiing most of the world :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

10 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I'm expecting the same kind of thing as with Vlhova early in the season, "I'm not great yet" but meanwhile outskiing most of the world :p 

Vlhová was saying this when she was around 75 % of her peak and still on recovery mood from surgery, and you surely remember she was not outskiing anyone at all in the seasons start, the results in opposite were pretty bad and frustrating, she started to return to her best only at end 2019/start 2020 after focusing more on training for 3 weeks or so

9 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Vlhová was saying this when she was around 75 % of her peak and still on recovery mood from surgery, and you surely remember she was not outskiing anyone at all in the seasons start, the results in opposite were pretty bad and frustrating, she started to return to her best only at end 2019/start 2020 after focusing more on training for 3 weeks or so

Well, 6th place in November and 2nd in only her 4th race of the year...that counts as outskiing most of the world for me :p 

Anyway, my main point is I'm expecting the same kind of thing for Shiffrin, simply because both of them are so much better than the rest, they'll still have a very good top-10 chance even if they're not in their best shape yet.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!