website statistics

Olympic Collections

Vojthas

On 04/10/2019 at 18:57, Jan Linha said:

Late at night for me now. Will post some photos at the weekend :-) 

Which weekend?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 2 months later...

While increasing my collection of coins and other memorabilia on the occasion of the biggest annual charity event in Poland, I just found out that this year's Olympic Collectors Fair is taking place in Artena near Rome. So, my question to our Italian Totallympians @AlFHg @Henry_Leon @Gianlu33 @Giovanni Gianni Cattaneo @SteveParker @Pablita or anybody else familiar with the Lazio region - how can I travel between Rome and Artena (also in a little bit later hours)? Is it better to accomodate in Artena and travel for sightseeing to Rome or to live in Artena for the three days of fair and visit Rome earlier with accomodation in the capital (maybe with a possibilty of leaving luggage for three-four days somewhere in Rome for little money).

Hi Vojthas. I'm from rome. Artena is near Rome,  about 40 minutes of car, but is not so easy to come with bus or train. You have first to go in Valmontone, with trains, than change and go to Artena with bus.

So, much better you stay in Rome. A possibile alternate is for you to stay in Valmontone, or Colleferro. 30' of train to Rome, 30' of bus far Artena.

4 minutes ago, Giovanni Gianni Cattaneo said:

Hi Vojthas. I'm from rome. Artena is near Rome,  about 40 minutes of car, but is not so easy to come with bus or train. You have first to go in Valmontone, with trains, than change and go to Artena with bus.

So, much better you stay in Rome. A possibile alternate is for you to stay in Valmontone, or Colleferro. 30' of train to Rome, 30' of bus far Artena.

Well, that makes things easy as I found quite a cheap accomodation right in Valmontone, I'm just not sure about the buses between Valmontone and Artena - how often do they go (or maybe how expensive/cheap would be the taxi). I was thinking about making two reservations - for holiday in Rome and separately for the Fair in Artena (or Valmontone in fact).

13 minutes ago, Vojthas said:

Well, that makes things easy as I found quite a cheap accomodation right in Valmontone, I'm just not sure about the buses between Valmontone and Artena - how often do they go (or maybe how expensive/cheap would be the taxi). I was thinking about making two reservations - for holiday in Rome and separately for the Fair in Artena (or Valmontone in fact).

In Italy, taxi are very expensive. Bus, in the Week are enough frequently. Saturday or sunday it's not so easy. About every 20'in the Week.

Edited by Giovanni Gianni Cattaneo

3 hours ago, Vojthas said:

I definitely suggest you to make two different reservations and keep the two things separated, it is the best way to enjoy both things as distances are not so small and Rome is huge to be explored

• 3 weeks later...

Well, with Totallympics Media up and running, and now that I’ve pretty much completed my multi-sports games results books collection (for now), it’s time to move onto step 3 of my multi-sports games madness. I’m looking to get into collecting (pins, tickets, uniforms), and I’d love some advice on where to start. @Vojthas gave me some good pointers, but just wanted to see what other users know. I’d love to hear from @Jan Linha (especially since I found your Facebook group :p)

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 3 weeks later...

I just dawned on me today I have been collecting volunteer shirts and programs from all the international sports events I’ve been. It’s fun to look at that stuff and remember good times with awesome people.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 3 months later...

Went ahead and made my first “big” purchase this afternoon. I feel like I paid more than the item was worth, but at least the athlete is getting the money. 

I’d also be curious as to what you guys think is the appropriate price for a gold medal from the Mediterranean Beach Games? This isn’t the item I purchased, but I have seen one for sale recently.

On 30/01/2020 at 15:41, Olympian1010 said:

Well, with Totallympics Media up and running, and now that I’ve pretty much completed my multi-sports games results books collection (for now), it’s time to move onto step 3 of my multi-sports games madness. I’m looking to get into collecting (pins, tickets, uniforms), and I’d love some advice on where to start. @Vojthas gave me some good pointers, but just wanted to see what other users know. I’d love to hear from @Jan Linha (especially since I found your Facebook group :p)

Hey, sorry for being super inactive. As long as sports were not happening, we had tough time with looking for a new job, I did not come for a while. What advice u r looking for?