website statistics

Olympic Collections

Vojthas

24 minutes ago, Jan Linha said:

Thanks for making this topic :-) .... I collect autographs of Olympic medalists, currently on number around 7000 pieces, moreover pins, flags, stamps, clothes, tickets, etc. Would like to start collection od Olympic torches. 

Oddly enough my old primary school pastor had a real Olympic torch. He was a torchbearer in 2002 :yes. You can find a bunch of different pins on eBay by the way. 

I don’t have much personally, but that will change after Tokyo.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

This year on the occasion of 100th anniversary of Polish Olympic Movement the World Olympic Collectors Fair was held in Warsaw. I've got some good stuff (yeah, I spent a lot of money there, but it was all worth it), including Tokyo, Paris and LA pins :)

Just now, Vojthas said:

This year on the occasion of 100th anniversary of Polish Olympic Movement the World Olympic Collectors Fair was held in Warsaw. I've got some good stuff (yeah, I spent a lot of money there, but it was all worth it), including Tokyo, Paris and LA pins :)

Yep I’ve been saving up the big dollars for Tokyo. The $ to ¥ conversion won’t be in my favor tough :(

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Yeah, I know I can obtain a bunch on eBay. Sometimes my PayPal gets busy. :facepalm:... But I live in China since 2015, Olympic collector fairs and way far from me. None in Asia. 

I am surely going to Tokyo, wanna spend there around a month. Wanna really bring back a lot of stuff. 

Was anybody here selected as a volunteer for the Games?

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

Yep I’ve been saving up the big dollars for Tokyo. The $ to ¥ conversion won’t be in my favor tough :(

I'm 90% sure you can pay in USD there too on such an occasion as Olympic Games.

Just now, Vojthas said:

I'm 90% sure you can pay in USD there too on such an occasion as Olympic Games.

Maybe, foreign currency can be a fickle thing. Plus, it’s just more useful to have ¥