website statistics

Speed Skating ISU World Cup 2019 - 2020

Totallympics

World Cup in Calgary today and tomorrow (not that anyone really seems to care about the whole notion of a World Cup classification in speed skating).

Standings and stuff isn't interesting, no idea who is leading where because it's not like alpine skiing where it matters. However, it is in Calgary and so it is definitely interesting to follow. Daichi Yamanaka already threw down a 34.24 in the 500m B division, that's promising :d 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

I wonder how often two fiancees have raced each other in the World Cup before :d

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

13 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I wonder how often two fiancees have raced each other in the World Cup before :d

no idea...:mumble:

but I'd rather appreciate it in a fighting sport than in speedskating, where there's no physical contact at all (except for weird accidents, of course)...:lol:

Edited by phelps

20 minutes ago, phelps said:

no idea...:mumble:

but I'd rather appreciate it in a fighting sport than in speedskating, where there's no physical contact at all (except for weird accidents, of course)...:lol:

well as long as it is not in any shooting sport where if they are having a bad day one will "Accidentally" miss his shot...:p (just kidding of course)

No fantastic times so far, Calgary is mostly lost glory in terms of the quality of the track there. Too bad, it has such a rich history.

Roxanne Dufter with a British bobsleigh moment: she fell and pretty much mooned the camera with a split-open suit.

8 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Roxanne Dufter with a British bobsleigh moment: she fell and pretty much mooned the camera with a split-open suit.

yeah, but she doesn't have sexy lingerie like the British bobsleigh girl...it was clearly visible that she's wearing her granny's knickers...:yikes::rofl::facepalm:

p.s. someone sooner or later will explain to me why the Italians always skate slower on the north-american ice rather than on the supposed slower european tracks...:mumble:

I mean, Bonazza skated 4.06 in Heerenveen and now she goes to 4.13 (with 36 and 37 secs in the last 2 laps)...:facepalm:

Edited by phelps

1 minute ago, phelps said:

yeah, but she doesn't have sexy lingerie like the British bobsleigh girl...it was clearly visible that she's wearing her granny's knickers...:yikes::rofl::facepalm:

Yes, because sexy lingerie is the main priority when competing :p 

(not that it matters much, but I do believe I saw something that wasn't exactly a big piece of cloth :p )

Sindre Henriksen did a better job a few years ago though: he fell, ripped his suit and had to compete the last part of the race clearly showing his boxers/underpants....not long after, he started getting some extra money by starting to sell underwear :d