website statistics

South Asian Games 2019

Totallympics

1 hour ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

IMG_20191202_211723.jpg

This is incorrect. 

:SRI has won at least 2 gold medals.

Also this event takes the most ridiculous events. In taekwondo there is a total of 29!! events, 13 of those are in poomsae (and different age categories, wtf!). @MHSN

15 minutes ago, intoronto said:

This is incorrect. 

Also this event takes the most ridiculous events. In taekwondo there is a total of 29!! events, 13 of those are in poomsae (and different age categories, wtf!). @MHSN

if you check the results in poomsae World Champs. they have it for different age categories. technically there is no open age event ! even at the Asian Games it was open to athletes from 18 to 30 ! this is how they created Poomsae in first place.

training poomsae is good for health but it's terrible to watch :d

10 minutes ago, MHSN said:

training poomsae is good for health but it's terrible to watch :d

Similar feeling. Total respect for the people who master kata, Poomsae, aikido, etc. I just don’t think it’s worth it’s weight. Its borderline more of an artform, more than a sport. Still they appear to be around for now, so whatever.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, intoronto said:

This is incorrect. 

Not exactly, the results are slow and changing. India has 5 golds now. 

Shooting starts and India clean sweeps all medals in 10m air rifle women - Team gold and individual gold, silver and bronze. Mehuli Ghosh wins the gold with a world record final score of 253.3 which is 0.4 more than Apurvi Chandela's current world record of 252.9.

10 hours ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

@Olympian1010 I hope you didn't forget about these games 

I’ve tried to follow them too, but it’s just as hard (or harder). To be completely honest, I’m more interested in the upcoming Winter Deaflympics starting next week, and Winter YOG coming in January (I’m a big winter sports guy). Still glad to see some footage though.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

"There was much furor ahead of the kickoff of the Swimming competition, with none of the facilities reportedly ready for the events to commence. Even today, the swimmers were said to be unhappy with the facilities provided as the temperature in the pool too was below the required level. Amidst the competition, there was also a power outage, leading to a slight delay in proceedings. "