website statistics

South Asian Games 2019

Totallympics

Definitely a can’t miss. :NEP hosting a games where :BAN:IND:PAK compete against each other? Definite disaster.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

8 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Definitely a can’t miss. :NEP hosting a games where :BAN:IND:PAK compete against each other? Definite disaster.

Interestingly these Games still survive despite all the crazy stuff that shook the stability of that region.

No gymnastics events, but of course this is to be expected. Only India and Sri Lanka have sent gymnasts to the current World Championships, and Bangladesh seems not to have any active gymnast representing the nation in quite some time. I think I've never seen gymnasts from any of the other nations that compete at these Games.

5 minutes ago, intoronto said:

I am sure :SRI could host too...

I though so as well, but the people may be apprehensive after the bombings.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

6 minutes ago, intoronto said:

I am sure :SRI could host too...

:BHU would be next best after :NEP, then :IND

Any of the nations could host them as these games are very low key. I doubt many good athletes will take part. 

Regarding security situation, there would be issues with Pakistan hosting but no nation would have a problem in travelling to Sri Lanka. 

Though I don’t follow the games, its medal table is my favourite of all multi-sports games. 

17 minutes ago, Dolby said:

Though I don’t follow the games, its medal table is my favourite of all multi-sports games. 

Huh, I wonder why? :dunno: