website statistics

Men's Volleyball FIVB World Cup 2019

Totallympics

Justo ahora, Dunadan dijo:

I don't think Giannelli and Colaci are here. The MBs are pretty much the starters.

Yes, I just noticed after looking at the box score (I didn't watch this match).

I said that because of what Blengini said in the presentation press conference: We want to develop them for the Olympic Games and make the composition of the team stronger. They will be getting a different experience here compared to the usual matches Italy play. I want the young players to experience playing alongside the likes of Massimo Colaci and Simone Giannelli in an event like this.”

:dunno:

36 minutes ago, hoversaBR said:

I'm surprised with Iran, I know Russia can have a lot of strong teams, but I still expected more from them against this team B. :mumble:

Anyway it looks like they won't have problems in the Asian Olympic qualifier, Australia and China are very weak.

Iranian players are not that physically strong to play so many tournaments in summer with the same level. Iran was also terrible during the Asian Champs (played half of the matches with reserve players) they only had one good match in the final.

also right now because of some injuries Iran is playing with Ebadipour and Ghaemi as OH, they are both good receivers but terrible attackers, that weakened Iran's attack massively and Ghafour (OP) is also out of shape / tired / not-motivated. Russia's block had a party today. Iran only came back a bit after Kolakovic finally replaced Ghafour but then the reserve OP is also weak.

Iran Volleyball Federation had no president in past few months, so Kolakovic has "no boss" right now . no long term plan. they decided to take all tournaments seriously but they ended being terrible in almost all of them. at least they won the Asian Championship but mostly because the other Asian teams aren't that good right now.

it was a terrible terrible mistake to play VNL 100% ! (even when Iran didn't have to win all the matches to qualify for final 6) and now we see the consequences . I think Ebadipour played more match with NT this summer than with his club in the entire season in Poland :facepalm:

also we have to blame FIVB for this stupid calendar, teams like Iran don't have strong B teams to use them sometimes and they are not smart enough to simply give up some tournaments and focus on the rest. if it was up to me I would consider Asian Champs as #1, then World Cup as #2. OQT as #3 (only because we were in a tough group with Russia) and VNL should be 4th. but unfortunately VNL is more "interesting" for the Iranian fans because of playing some matches at home.

Day 1 Results

:EGY Egypt 3-1 :AUS Australia ( 25-22 / 21-25 / 25-23 / 25-18 )

:ARG Argentina 3-2 :USA United States ( 25-21 / 25-20 / 19-25 / 21-25 / 15-12)

:RUS Russia 3-1 :IRI Iran ( 25-21 / 25-18 / 24-26 / 25-22 )

:POL Poland 3-0 :TUN Tunisia ( 25-16 / 25-23 / 25-12 )

:BRA Brazil 3-0 :CAN Canada ( 25-14 / 25-22 / 25-14 )

:JPN Japan 3-0 :ITA Italy ( 25-17 ./ 25-19 / 25-21 )

My favourite Volleyball position: LIBERO. You ask why? Look here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyIOarNAONk

1 godzinę temu, thepharoah napisał:

Egypt defeated Iran 3-1 WOW this's really unbelievable and was worth hanging till 6:10 am :clap: We're on the top of the world at least for some hours :p

Congratulations from the country's current world champions! Egypt was so strong today, has Iran fallen into crisis?

1 godzinę temu, TomJa napisał:

Congratulations from the country's current world champions! Egypt was so strong today, has Iran fallen into crisis?

I wouldn't draw conclusion like that. First of all Iranians are really really great team and can defeat anyone if they play home. Away not always at their top form. But most important is that theye're in Japan without some of their top players (or at least it seems to me like that). There're no Ebadipour, Seyed or Manavi. But to be fair I'm not really familiar with Iranian volleyball so maybe I'm wrong. Probably @MHSN or @VolleyRuller96 can confirm or denied everything I typed ;) 

Wow, congrats :EGY, about time we had a strong team from Africa appear on the world stage:clap:I'm not sure what squad they use here, but I was really pleased with the way their youth teams performed at the Junior competitions, I think they have the potential of becoming a very solid team.

My favourite Volleyball position: LIBERO. You ask why? Look here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyIOarNAONk

2 hours ago, VolleyRuller96 said:

Wow, congrats :EGY, about time we had a strong team from Africa appear on the world stage:clap:I'm not sure what squad they use here, but I was really pleased with the way their youth teams performed at the Junior competitions, I think they have the potential of becoming a very solid team.

Thanks our team here consists of some players that played world U23 championship in Egypt 2 years ago plus some experienced players But still young like Mohamed Adel in middle blocking and Ahmed Shafik in position 4 and 2 old and much experienced players and still the most important ones in the team Ahmed Salah abdelhay and Abdallah Bekhit the setter