website statistics

Women's Basketball FIBA Olympic Games Qualification Tournament 2020

Totallympics

Groups for the Americas pre-qualifying tournaments. So basically a mini-South American championship for 1 spot since USA is already qualified (slight advantage for Argentina since they play at home). Canada easily will be first in the other group with Puerto Rico in good shape to take the last spot.

51 minutes ago, Vojthas said:

It was a Pre-qualifier to this qualifier :)

Technically it was post-qualifier to the pre-qualifier (since you have to qualify for AmeriCup)

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

I always felt that a 20-0 for a forfeit was too little. Teams could try to take advantage of it...

actually that's more . the loser receives 1 point in FIBA tournaments. with losing by forfeit you receive 0. so even losing 120-29 (the way India lost to Japan) is better than losing 20-0.

I highly doubt you didn't know that yourself :d

I just don't get why women's basketball no longer has continental places. I mean, what the hell?

Africa is very much unjustly robbed of their place. Since 1996 we have seen :COD:SEN:NGR:MLI:ANG all taking part in women's tournament. It's pretty much the only team event where Africa doesn't send the same team over and over again...

#banbestmen