website statistics

Totallympics Open International Song Contest 2019

8 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Sadly, according to the rules, if the host (in this case, me) decides to drop it, there is some process that's going to happen. If it was up to me, I'd already have my choice :p 

LOL you got this host by the simple decision of Ireland :roflmao:

Wooooow 3rd place!!!! I'm so happy. Thank you for the votes for ABBA. I wasn't sure if anyone was going to like my choice. It is old but I was proven wrong.:clap:

well done @Wumo and @Agger for hosting this event.:yes

congrats @heywoodu and Netherlands for the win. :champion:

15 minutes ago, intoronto said:

If India hosts it, we will have an unprepared contest, like Delhi 2010, I kid ofc. Though I am not objected to the idea. However, shouldn't it be up to @Heywoodu? 

bestmen will step in and prepare the contest in three days :dunno:

Just now, Vektor said:

Does Australia want to the host the contest? Because according to the rules they should get one of them if Netherlands doesn't want both (Australia finished behind the Netherlands in both contests and also were in the Top3 both times). 

nothing against that but AUS is a newcomer and you too while many users were here years ago

1 hour ago, bestmen said:

nothing against that but AUS is a newcomer and you too while many users were here years ago

I know. I just assumed that we have Section 9 of the Official Rulebook as the official process of host selection and it's not something that we just ignore whenever we feel like it. I mean, if that's not the case, Section 9 shouldn't be part of the rules or should be changed to favor veteran users over newcomers. 

Edited by Vektor

10 minutes ago, Vektor said:

I know. I just assumed that we have Section 9 of the Official Rulebook as the official process of host selection and it's not something that we just ignore whenever we feel like it. I mean, if that's not the case, Section 9 shouldn't be part of the rules or should be changed to favor veteran users over newcomers. 

You are completely right about Section 9. @bestmen makes a good point, but rules are rules. Maybe @KingOfTheRhinos wouldn’t even want to host who knows. We don’t even know of the Netherlands wants to host (personally, I prefer to different hosts to keep it interesting), and that’s up to @heywoodu, so let’s worry about these things once heywoodu makes his choice.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

I would also like to say thank you to everybody congratulating us, but really, it has been 90 % @Wumo with me mainly coming up with the idea about the team names and creating the presentations for the host cities. Other than that, I've only been assisting in the random draws for voting tie breaks, answering some questions and giving my comments on designs.

So all in all...

@Wumo

kevin durant mvp GIF by NBA

8 hours ago, Agger said:

But here are my personal votes: 

12 pts. :GBR - The Stone Roses have played the by far worst concert I've ever been to, but I still love their music, I would have selected She Bangs the Drums instead, but still a great song and I'm really sad that it didn't end up better.

11 pts. :NED - What can I say? Congratulations! I'm not always a big fan of the "electro swing" idea, but this one put me in a great mood.

10 pts. :NOR - Morten Harket has one of the greatest vocals of popular music (if you ask me). I would have prefered some A-ha song, but he has some very decent solo songs as well and this is a beauty.

9 pts. :POR - Beautiful vocals and beautiful song

8 pts. :LTU - I hated this one the first time (not quite enough to cut it, though) but it really grew on me, especially the chorus. 

7 pts. :MLT - I actually think this was the first song of this year to get stuck in my mind. Luckily for fine reasons.

6 pts. :AUS - Well. A very fine song that went up and down during my time trying to decide. Never really listened that much to the song though it's pretty famous in Denmark as well.

5 pts. :IRL - Started as my main contender for breaking the top 3 and I still really like the celtic style and her voice, but when I heard it some more times, it felt a bit too much like the same over and over, though still very nice.

4 pts. :ARG - Not the best of best, but I enjoyed the song and. Very clearly influenced by some of the greats of british music, the song makes me think of both The Verve and David Bowie,  Too bad that it didn't end up with any points from us. 

3 pts. :HUN  - A nice, calm song. Folk music with some more modern inspiration.

2 pts. :CHN - I feel really sad that this one ended up 2nd to last. Maybe not the most modern song, but I really enjoyed the vocals and the piano.

1 pt. :SWE - I feel ashamed by myself for only giving Abba 1 point. But I'm really more of a "The Visitors" kind of guy and Mamma Mia simply didn't feel like the right thing for me this time.

My reserves were :USA , :MEX , :NZL and :FIN while :ALG , :ITA , :ESP and :BRA were in the mix as well.

Damn @Agger I literally deliberated on all of the same songs with only three exceptions.