website statistics

Your Favorite Opening Ceremonies

Olympian1010

guys, I recall to all of you that we have a marvellous and very useful button (the one replying the youtube logo -in black- in the posting window)...:evil:

with that, you can post a smaller version of the youtube video window and you can also set the exact time of the video you want your segment to start -it doesn't cut the video, just moves the start at the indicated time when you launch it)...;)

Edited by phelps

14 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Vancouver 2010, Toronto 2015 (home town games, so how could it not be among your favourites ?). I really liked Turin 2006 as well...

My biggest problem with Toronto 2015 was that it just really lacked a wow moment. I loved the way they made the caldron though

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

I love the First Nations segment from Vancouver 2010. However the caldron malfunction overshadows that ceremony.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

I love the first 5 minutes of Athens 2004. I’ve had that song/beat stuck in my head all week. Also the rings on fire in water had become such an iconic image.

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

I love the first 5 minutes of Athens 2004. I’ve had that song/beat stuck in my head all week. Also the rings on fire in water had become such an iconic image.

Welcome to the club of first 10 minutes Athens 2004 opening worshipper

As @bestmen said, you can't like the whole ceremony but mostly just the certain parts.. So here we go:

Opening intro: Athens 2004 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlatmzDXXOg)

Anthem: Sydney 2000 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoZ7QziVSDg

Parade of Nations: Beijing 2008 (because the order is so random)

Cauldron lighting: Beijing 2008

• 1 month later...

Almaty 2017 :d

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!