website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Eurovision Song Contest 2020

heywoodu

1 hour ago, Swewi said:

Can´t understand why they couldn´t just show recorded performances? Or broadcasted live from local tv-studios?

Because that would be absolutely terrible. Having no show for a year is way better than some weird thing with showing pre-recorded performances (or live performances) without anyone present.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Well, it's not surprise at all but still i'm very sad, even this year songs quality was terrible... 64 years with contests in a row are gone :(

For now Netherlands, Spain and Ukraine confirms that they will send the same artists in 2021 if contest will happen. Estonia and Sweden will change artists 

Well, I believe it's a bit of a half-assed decision, in my opinion. 

They could have tried to postpone it to the start of June and that would have given enough time to prepare for a more valid solution. 

Now it is fucking limbo. Are the songs that are selected going to be re-selected for next year?

I will not have a chance to participate the following year because there won't be any national selections? (already have a song written)

I strongly believe this could have been avoided, because this whole thing is probably going to blow over way faster than everyone is expecting and not leak into Summer. 

1 hour ago, rybak said:

Well, it's not surprise at all but still i'm very sad, even this year songs quality was terrible... 64 years with contests in a row are gone :(

For now Netherlands, Spain and Ukraine confirms that they will send the same artists in 2021 if contest will happen. Estonia and Sweden will change artists 

I'm more sad that more than 100 years in a row with the Ronde van Vlaanderen are now gone :p 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

6 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Like i said, we shouldn't have bothered with this thing. The only fair thing is that EBU freezes all the songs for next years contest. No changing of artists or songs to save some of the little dignity this circus has still left.

This sounds like the general attitude half the Netherlands had towards Eurovision until the Netherlands won :p