website statistics

International Olympic Committee News

George_D

5 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

Ye shiwen's performance has surpassed by Hosszu for many times. What's the point of obsessed with the conspiracy? If we judge athletes by tabloids then why we should sponsor WADA any longer?

Its facts. Shiwen's time was faster than the greatest MALE swimmer of all time. https://www.smh.com.au/sport/faster-than-phelps-chinese-girls-mighty-finish-is-the-talk-of-the-games-20120730-23a6w.html.

6 minutes ago, rafalgorka said:

I hope Tibet will be able to participate in the olympics as an own NOC in my lifetime.

Very likely happen if you persist protesting in front of China embassy in your country. Success belongs to the persevering. Come on.

18 minutes ago, intoronto said:

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/oct/23/wada-china-doping-allegations-xue-yinxian

Lets not forget Yi Shiwen's performance in 2012 was clearly drug induced as well. Is it no surprise China increased funding to WADA? https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1101523/wada-addiotional-gov-funding so Wada doesn't bite the hand that feeds it?

Sadly always there are better and worse countries/athletes which will be treat in different way as it should be done. As well all know there is no fairness in this world.

4 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Its facts. Shiwen's time was faster than the greatest MALE swimmer of all time. https://www.smh.com.au/sport/faster-than-phelps-chinese-girls-mighty-finish-is-the-talk-of-the-games-20120730-23a6w.html.

You don't have to quote these continuously. I know Ye shiwen's performance in 2012 is 4:28'43 and I know Hosszu's performance in 2016 is 4:26'36.

11 minutes ago, rafalgorka said:

I hope Tibet will be able to participate in the olympics as an own NOC in my lifetime.

That's never going to happen. China is too powerful to allow that to happen.

Besides, if you like Tibet so much then Catalonia or the Basque Country should be competing at the Olympic Games too? Why do you give Spain a pass over them? :mumble:

12 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

That's never going to happen. China is too powerful to allow that to happen.

Besides, if you like Tibet so much then Catalonia or the Basque Country should be competing at the Olympic Games too? Why do you give Spain a pass over them? :mumble:

I know it is not going to happen, I only have my hopes. And I support Free Tibet more because I really see a huge difference in the way China treats Tibetan nation if you compare it with Basque or Catalonians in Spain. So I wish them especially well.

8 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

You don't have to quote these continuously. I know Ye shiwen's performance in 2012 is 4:28'43 and I know Hosszu's performance in 2016 is 4:26'36.

but the real scandal is not the overall time over the 400m distance...it's the last leg (the freestyle one) that's "impossible" for a woman...:evil:

given the men's record, 4.28 or 4.26 for women is not so impressive (I'm sure those clockings are going to be beaten in reasonable time, too), but that last leg swum faster than Michael Phelps himself...c'mon! that's too much even for most naive people...

it's like those weightlifter lifting triple body weight...how could man pretend to believe that's done without any chemical help?

there are some sports performances that draw suspects from any side you watch them...and it's not a question of being Chinese, American, Italian or wherever one can come from...