website statistics

International Olympic Committee News

George_D

It's amazing how the russians are just mocking everyone with these anthem proposals. And to be fair, they are right in doing so since the imposed sanctions are a complete joke (in the sense of being less than a slap in the wrist) to begin with.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, phelps said:

they don't even have respect for the 130 year old motto...:facepalm:

This is already more dramatic than this tiny thing is worth :p 

They spent their days and weeks in Teams meetings to discuss this probably and after many arguments (with X arguments already being X arguments too many) made a decision basically (not literally) nobody in the whole world will ever hear anything about, let alone care about :d 

Like is the case with most mottos and such:

Spoiler

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 2 weeks later...

www.olympicchannel.com is no more! :yikes:

As has been teased for months, the IOC has revamped their web/online presence. You can access the new website here: https://olympics.com/en/

The web design/UI has been completely revamped. The website is split into different sections for the Olympic Channel, Olympic Museum, IOC (Institutional), Athlete 365 (IOC’s Athlete Portal/Hub), and Olympic Studies Center (which has retained it’s old website for the time being, so that page gives background info and offers a link).

That should cover the major changes, but I could’ve missed some things.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Jesus, I almost had a heart attack for a second. Dude, you shouldn't scare people like that, I have a weak heart :p ...

Thankfully, it looks all our replay videos links from Rio & PyeongChang works, so I can breath normally again :d

I like it more now, the previous Olympics and Olympic Channels sites were total mess, now it looks better