website statistics

International Olympic Committee News

George_D

42 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Yeah, do we need to see another Eric 'The Eel' Moussambani and Paula 'The Crawler' Bolopa again just so the gender equality lobbyists are satisfied? :crazy:

I'm confused, they have nothing to do with gender equality. Get your analogies straight...

1 hour ago, Monzanator said:

Yeah, do we need to see another Eric 'The Eel' Moussambani and Paula 'The Crawler' Bolopa again just so the gender equality lobbyists are satisfied? :crazy:

We actually do.

10 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

I don't see lacrosse getting to Olympics.

Agenda 2020 allows host cities/countries to add a few sports they want to grow locally, or that are popular in the host nation.

Lacrosse isn’t a bad candidate as it does have a good audience in the United States. It’s not all that popular on the West Coast though (it’s more of an East Coast thing). 

Personally, I’d like to see Skateboard, Surfing, Sport Climbing, and Flying Disc (Team Ultimate) added to the program under that clause. I know there’s been movements to add Lacrosse, Cricket, Baseball/Softball, and Cheerleading (among other sports) as well.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

20 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Agenda 2020 allows host cities/countries to add a few sports they want to grow locally, or that are popular in the host nation.

Lacrosse isn’t a bad candidate as it does have a good audience in the United States. It’s not all that popular on the West Coast though (it’s more of an East Coast thing). 

Personally, I’d like to see Skateboard, Surfing, Sport Climbing, and Flying Disc (Team Ultimate) added to the program under that clause. I know there’s been movements to add Lacrosse, Cricket, Baseball/Softball, and Cheerleading (among other sports) as well.

Lacrosse would be a waste of time just like the ballet skiing at 1992 Olympic Games. How did that "sport" grow in the last 30 years? :dunno: