website statistics

International Olympic Committee News

George_D

14 minutes ago, dcro said:

And what about Chinese and North Korean athletes who protest?

What about ANY athlete that is discriminated in their own country for their political beliefs? Latin American and African countries would parade behind the 5 rings more often than not.

True. the situation in Belarus is an utter chaos and severe crackdown on political and human rights; but again this is a direct attack to a single country. Given that criteria Cuba should've parade behind the rings from 1960; Venezuela from 2004 until today; Zimbabwe? Sudan? Syria? Myanmar?

5 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

What about ANY athlete that is discriminated in their own country for their political beliefs? Latin American and African countries would parade behind the 5 rings more often than not.

True. the situation in Belarus is an utter chaos and severe crackdown on political and human rights; but again this is a direct attack to a single country. Given that criteria Cuba should've parade behind the rings from 1960; Venezuela from 2004 until today; Zimbabwe? Sudan? Syria? Myanmar?

This is just IOC desperately trying to look good in the sea of current global events.

Same things happened in 2016 with the refugee team.  Refugees existed long before the 2015 European crisis.

#banbestmen

21 minutes ago, dcro said:

This is just IOC desperately trying to look good in the sea of current global events.

Same things happened in 2016 with the refugee team.  Refugees existed long before the 2015 European crisis.

And again we are going to have refugee team :facepalm:

IOC is obviously a bunch of politically-motivated hypocrites. If they ban Belarus from competing under their flag it's gonna serve as the ultimate proof IOC doesn't care about integrity they preach. It's all about politics. No wonder nobody takes those idiots & hypocrites seriously. Will they ban China? North Korea? Of course not. What a load of crap this is. One more word about IOC integrity and democracy on this board and I'm gonna riot :lol:

3 hours ago, Monzanator said:

IOC is obviously a bunch of politically-motivated hypocrites. If they ban Belarus from competing under their flag it's gonna serve as the ultimate proof IOC doesn't care about integrity they preach. It's all about politics. No wonder nobody takes those idiots & hypocrites seriously. Will they ban China? North Korea? Of course not. What a load of crap this is. One more word about IOC integrity and democracy on this board and I'm gonna riot :lol:

Once in a lifetime even Monzanator can say something I agree with in 99% - the 1% is the emoticon in the end, because I don't find it funny in any context.

Just now, Vojthas said:

Once in a lifetime even Monzanator can say something I agree with in 99% - the 1% is the emoticon in the end, because I don't find it funny in any context.

I put the emoji since I'm not surprised by IOC turning out to be a bunch of corrupt two-faced fools again. Who really believes in the "integrity" and "transparency" anymore? Professional sport has become business and is driven by one thing only - money. IOC can afford to erase Belarus but they can't afford to erase China! What a shock! :coffee:

IOC did not ban the weak and poor China back in 2008 despite the "Tibetan Genocide" where hundreds of thousands of persecuted Tibetans relocated to USA and Europe. IOC and some random western country like USA has no power now to ban the powerful and growing China now for "Uyghur Genocide" that results to hundreds of thousands of persecuted Uyghurs escaping to USA and Europe. 

I feel sorry for Uyghur personalities like Dilraba and countless other personalities, those tens of millions of followers in social media, western luxury brand endorsements and millions of yuans in income are the worst kind of persecution. :cry: