website statistics

International Olympic Committee News

George_D

Just now, Federer91 said:

Like if there was state sponsored doping in the West it would be announced or prosecuted. :d 

The Comcast & Nike sponsorships serve as the West's state doping. Just ask Kara Goucher what she really thinks about NOP :p Oh, wait... she already said what she thinks about it :roflmao:

22 hours ago, Monzanator said:

I always find it hilarious that a country which gave us Ben Johnson is calling out people on applying doping standards ;)

Before you say another morone thing, please, consider the fact, there is a country gave that gave us both Wałęsa and Kaczyński.

21 hours ago, Monzanator said:

I know the entire Canada would like to pretend Ben Johnson never existed but he's with you to stay forever :yes

So what is your advice how to deal with the findings that Russia run state sponsored doping over years and years and mocked the evidence when the WADA was investigating? Ignore it because there might be other cheaters from - what you call - the Western world?

Just now, LowerSaxony said:

So what is your advice how to deal with the findings that Russia run state sponsored doping over years and years and mocked the evidence when the WADA was investigating? Ignore it because there might be other cheaters from - what you call - the Western world?

It's not what should be done about Russia - because that's been done already - but what to do with other cheaters. Kenya is obviously #1 target going forward.

As long as Justin Gatlin continues to profit from his Nike sponsorship and remains eligible for Olympic Games I'm gonna call WADA and IOC over these double standards and hypocrisy over and over again.

6 hours ago, Monzanator said:

It's not what should be done about Russia - because that's been done already - but what to do with other cheaters. Kenya is obviously #1 target going forward.

As long as Justin Gatlin continues to profit from his Nike sponsorship and remains eligible for Olympic Games I'm gonna call WADA and IOC over these double standards and hypocrisy over and over again.

You are mixing your cocktail of Ben Johnson, Justin Gatlin, the GDR, Kenya and NIKE in order to "prove" that some "Western World" countries is as bad as the Russian state doping. That's some nice mix of whataboutism and reframing the initial discussion.

Just now, LowerSaxony said:

You are mixing your cocktail of Ben Johnson, Justin Gatlin, the GDR, Kenya and NIKE in order to "prove" that some "Western World" countries is as bad as the Russian state doping. That's some nice mix of whataboutism and reframing the initial discussion.

Because the discussion isn't about the Russian punishment. That's being done already. I said before Comcast which sponsors the shady Team Sky cycling team among others is wealthier than the likes of Kenya and Ethiopia and it's the main financial backer of the IOC due to the NBC Universal deal, so yeah, it IS state doping-like if you're taking so much money from Comcast and look away to what the likes of Gatlin have done in terms of doping.

As an olympic freak I must admit that hosting olympics in Poland would be my big dream coming true.

I will try to dicuss here whether it has any chance to happen. How would it look like.

I know many contrary arguments against it but I will try to look on the bright side of life here :-))))))

To begin with I will say that I always thought that withdrawing our Kraków / Zakopane (and with a liitle help from our Slovak friends from Poprad) 2022 Winter Olympics Candidacy was not a good idea. Although I know we would probably lose to Beijing on this matter. At least I hope we will host FIS Nordic Skiing World Championships in Zakopane and ISU Figure Skating World Championships in Kraków in near (post-covid) future.

I remember when @OlympicsFan said that only certain countries should be allowed to host the olympics. Others are too small or too poor.

It may be true.

Well, we may not be rich enough now.

But we are talking about 2036 here.

I wish all the best to this country and I hope things will get better until then.

And are we really too small ?

Well - AUS, BEL, SWE, GRE, NED, FIN have smaller populations than us and they hosted the summer games before. Yes, I know some of them did it 100 years ago, but still...

So I think it is worth trying. Let AUS have its Queensland 2032 games and then come to Poland. :-))))

The bad thing to start with is that our National Stadium in Warsaw was built before EURO 2012 and it is simply a football stadium, without an athletics track. So it would have to be rebuilt to begin with.

And EURO 2012 was a very successfull event, I really liked it, and I think PL showed that it was able to host big events. I remember how Warsaw looked like in the semifinal ITA vs GER day and I want to see something like that again. And by the way, watching Mario Balotelli goals from the stands was real fun, I liked this game very much.

But back to business - I really hope you will see the games in my country one day.