website statistics

International Olympic Committee News

George_D

1 hour ago, Federer91 said:

Awaiting the CAS decision on Russia today (finally). Knowing their "expertise" it's probably going to be the pathetic no flag, but allow the athletes to compete ruling. 

And you would be correct about that.. 

Russia’s ban from Olympics, world championships now two years

Similar to 2018, they can complete so long as "Neutral Athlete" is as prominent on their uniforms as "Russia"

here we go with another farce...:nopompom:

those are just non-sanctions...:finger:

I don't know if they were guilty or not, but if they were named guilty of what they were accused of, they should have been completely thrown out of the sports' world for at least 4 years (and at least 2 Winter and 2 Summer Games)...

so, in Tokyo we will have around 10% of the athletes competing under the neutral IOC Flag and Anthem (adding together Russia, Belarus and soon to be punished Italy we go over 1,000 people)...:yikes: :facepalm:

22 minutes ago, phelps said:

here we go with another farce...:nopompom:

those are just non-sanctions...:finger:

I don't know if they were guilty or not, but if they were named guilty of what they were accused of, they should have been completely thrown out of the sports' world for at least 4 years (and at least 2 Winter and 2 Summer Games)...

so, in Tokyo we will have around 10% of the athletes competing under the neutral IOC Flag and Anthem (adding together Russia, Belarus and soon to be punished Italy we go over 1,000 people)...:yikes: :facepalm:

Italy and Belarus under the Olympic banner? is it a joke I hope?

8 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

Italy and Belarus under the Olympic banner? is it a joke I hope?

Belarus was announced by Thomas Bach himself last week...

Italy have enormous political problems, with our politicians trying to put their dirty hands on the sports Institutions (and money)...:hairpull:

and despite the repeated IOC's warnings, our government is doing absolutely nothing to correct this situation...:facepalm:

in 4/6 weeks time, if nothing is done, the IOC is going to punish also Italy...

Will we see Russian athletes giving up to go to the Olympics? I mean, because they cannot represent their country properly, and not because of doping stuation.

I remember something from Russian boxers saying that If they could not fight under Russian flag, then they were not going to the Olympics.

44 minutes ago, phelps said:

Belarus was announced by Thomas Bach himself last week...

Bach was very clear that Belarusian athletes would still be allowed to compete under their flag for the time being. The IOC is only taking select actions against certain NOC officials, and the institution of the NOC.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela