website statistics

Summer Youth Olympic Games 2026

Totallympics

2 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

It doesn’t seem like they have a plan at the moment. I’ve not been impressed with the IOC’s organizational skills lately.

Another victory for Bach and his Executive Board. 

Let's kick this idiots outside the IOC

1 minute ago, Gianlu33 said:

Another victory for Bach and his Executive Board. 

Let's kick this idiots outside the IOC

There’s a lot Bach has done that I have supported, but his leadership lately has been very poor. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

There’s a lot Bach has done that I have supported, but his leadership lately has been very poor. 

So, we want speak about the gender equity? Or about the Rio 2016 failure? Maybe we can speak about breakdance and skateboard and some not-sport like this :p

1 minute ago, Gianlu33 said:

So, we want speak about the gender equity? Or about the Rio 2016 failure? Maybe we can speak about breakdance and skateboard and some not-sport like this :p

Gender equality should have happened years ago, Bach did the right thing. I would have just preferred that he added female events and left the program as was, instead of cutting some male events to make it happen.

Rio 2016 failure isn’t completely his fault. We can thank Rogge for that. There are moves Bach could have made to better the Games, but he did well with what he was given by the last President I think.

Skateboard was going to be Olympic someday. I think it was a good choice by Bach and the IOC to add it now. I’ll even defend the inclusion of breakdancing. Dancesport is one of the most universally popular sports around the world. Breaking is the one discipline invented purely for competition. There’s some sense in choosing to add it. Nearly every country had b-boys/girls that tried to qualify for the 2018 YOG, and there’s not a lot of sports that can claim that. I’m sorry if the older generation of the Olympics fans don’t like it, but look at the crowds it drew in Buenos Aires. If your sport can draw more than Field Hockey or Modern Pentathlon, you definitely deserve a place on the program if they do.

Bach’s governance leaves a lot to be desired, but has made some good decisions as well.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

14 minutes ago, dcro said:

I'll never understand how YOG ever gets any following anyway. IOC is basically just milking their name and status to sell more of their brand.

Youth Olympic Games are neither a proper Olympic nor youth event.

Well, it’s a multi-sports games, so I can guarantee half of this forum is in to it immediately :p

I like the idea of the YOG. I’ve enjoyed following the YOG. However, there will always be something missing until they are held every two years.

I consider the YOGs a proper Olympic event. Most of the people who attend the Games tend to think so as well.

35 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Skateboard was going to be Olympic someday. I think it was a good choice by Bach and the IOC to add it now. I’ll even defend the inclusion of breakdancing. Dancesport is one of the most universally popular sports around the world. Breaking is the one discipline invented purely for competition. There’s some sense in choosing to add it. Nearly every country had b-boys/girls that tried to qualify for the 2018 YOG, and there’s not a lot of sports that can claim that. I’m sorry if the older generation of the Olympics fans don’t like it, but look at the crowds it drew in Buenos Aires. If your sport can draw more than Field Hockey or Modern Pentathlon, you definitely deserve a place on the program if they do.

Did you just assume my age? I want to talk to your parents :finger:

37 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Nearly every country had b-boys/girls that tried to qualify for the 2018 YOG, and there’s not a lot of sports that can claim that.

You forgot to mention that "try to qualify" in this particular case meant sharing a video on tiktok.

#banbestmen