website statistics

Summer Youth Olympic Games 2026

Totallympics

7 minutes ago, EupenM said:

OMG!:facepalm:What's about the youths who aimed to compete in this games?! I think, the IOC will not give them the possibility to compete in 2026.

Oh, it’s an absolute mess clearly. To be honest, I was certain Senegal would be able to host in 2022. I have been impressed with the last few African multi-sports games. I thought the continent could get this done.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

11 minutes ago, EupenM said:

OMG!:facepalm:What's about the youths who aimed to compete in this games?! I think, the IOC will not give them the possibility to compete in 2026.

It was already extremely unfair that this event was only every four years. The only way to make an event for 14-18 year olds “fair” is to hold it anualy or every two years at least.

I'm very, very angry now. No Junior Worlds in artistic and rhythmic gymnastics in 2021, no YOG in 2022. I've never really been a huge fan of the Olympics (it's not a secret I only care about artistic and rhythmic gymnastics), but I enjoy the YOG for what is is. Terrible decision.

If the IOC was smart about this, they’d immediately be asking Cali, Barranquilla, or Medellin to host. Colombia is the China of Pan America right now. They can’t get enough of these events. They have modern venues that are the current size for the Games. I’d bet they’d be very happy to host, even on short notice.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 minute ago, Gianlu33 said:

2022 YOG will be cancelled or what?

It doesn’t seem like they have a plan at the moment. I’ve not been impressed with the IOC’s organizational skills lately.