website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2032 Bid Process

The Hungarian Olympic Committee has started exploring the possibility of a Budapest 2032 bid. I would say that it depends on how the next election will go in 2022, if Orbán wins, I think we will have a bid again. 

I think it would be a stronger bid than 2024 as we will have an athletics stadium ready for the 2023 WCh, and Europe's largest handball arena for ECh 2022. Plus we also have the new Puskás Arena. The last bid failed because people didn't like the idea of FIdesz building more venues. Well, they built most of those venues anyway for other events...

• 4 weeks later...

I like how the bidding reforms that were meant to make the process more “transparent” and trustworthy, have resulted in this.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

You can't be that naive anymore? It's all about the money and big business. The word integrity, transparency blah blah mean nothing, absolutely nothing.

The more things change, the more they stay the same :coffee:

Btw, Qatar will host Summer OG eventually. They have enough money and desire to push through with the idea. Besides, "racial equality" crap preached by the liberals demands SOG should be hosted by a Muslim country one day? ;) Or is it about equality for everyone except the Muslims? :lol:

This "preferred bid" is basically to tell the rest: "if you even want to us to consider your proposal then be sure to built a lavish hotel, complete with every amenity possible, and waste your entire budget on unecessary arenas with "eco-friendly" materials that only our partner firms can provide you; if not, screw you"

So much for equality and transparency, less for a renewal of the Olympic host role.

1 minute ago, mrv86 said:

This "preferred bid" is basically to tell the rest: "if you even want to us to consider your proposal then be sure to built a lavish hotel, complete with every amenity possible, and waste your entire budget on unecessary arenas with "eco-friendly" materials that only our partner firms can provide you; if not, screw you"

So much for equality and transparency, less for a renewal of the Olympic host role.

The most serious bids would be Russia, Turkey and Qatar anyway. These are countries which can spend all the public money they want to and nobody would ask anyone if hosting the Games is "sustainable financially" :p IOC might as well drop the transparency bullshit but they can't prevent Qatar from hosting SOG forever. Unless flexing them between USA and Australia every four years would be a sign of "diversity"? :roflmao:

4 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

The most serious bids would be Russia, Turkey and Qatar anyway. These are countries which can spend all the public money they want to and nobody would ask anyone if hosting the Games is "sustainable financially" :p IOC might as well drop the transparency bullshit but they can't prevent Qatar from hosting SOG forever. Unless flexing them between USA and Australia every four years would be a sign of "diversity"? :roflmao:

russia wouldnt because of doping, Turkey for various reason wouldnt have chance. Spain/Madrid and Canada/Toronto could be potential and interesting bids

Just now, George_D said:

russia wouldnt because of doping, Turkey for various reason wouldnt have chance. Spain/Madrid and Canada/Toronto could be potential and interesting bids

Canada? After Montreal spend 40+ years paying off the 1976 debt? :p Canada ain't hosting the SOG in my lifetime ever again.

Madrid lost three straight times recently and I think they're done with more bids for a while too.