website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2032 Bid Process

On 04/10/2019 at 03:14, Olympian1010 said:

Very interesting, every single Olympic insider thought it was a done deal for :AUS. I wonder what NOC is whispering in Bach’s ear :dunno:

Makes absolutely perfect sense not to award it yet 12 years before the Olympics. Jeez, give it some time.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 hours ago, De_Gambassi said:

Although this doesn't sound exactly hopeful :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

Although this doesn't sound exactly hopeful :p 

you've been very kind to them...actually, it sounds "completely hopeless"...just like those vote-baiting boutades of many Italian politicians, who once every while start talking of the Olympics in their city/region whenever the local elections are getting closer...:whistle:

• 2 months later...

I believe this the same woman who once wore a Burka in Parliament “to show how dangerous they are”. @KingOfTheRhinos would probably know better than me. All I know is that she’s essentially the “LePen” of Australia.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

7 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

I believe this the same woman who once wore a Burka in Parliament “to show how dangerous they are”. @KingOfTheRhinos would probably know better than me. All I know is that she’s essentially the “LePen” of Australia.

Yep, that's her.

She also got funding by the NRA and wanted to weaken Australia's gun laws.

• 3 weeks later...

https://timindonesia.id/international-hall-langkah-nyata-noc-wujudkan-indonesia-tuan-rumah-olimpiade-2032/

Lol, I was clickbaited by this article. The title reads "International Hall, a concrete step to host the 2032 Olympics". I thought finally they are planning to address the lack of indoor arenas here.

Turns out they are opening a new hall for welcoming foreign sport delegates, just in case Bach or someone in "Future Bid Commission" came to visit. :coffee:

https://www.trouw.nl/sport/den-haag-is-voorzichtig-positief-over-plan-om-spelen-naar-nederland-te-halen~b38747d9/?referer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F

There was some national media attention for a potential Dutch 2032 bid last weekend. Two ex-athletes (former Olympic field hockey player and rower) are leading a coalition of athletes, business and other influentials to formulate the bid. Who exactly is involved remained anonymous.

The title of this article is "The Hague  is carefully positive about plan to bring the Games to the Netherlands". The Hague is the home of our national government. So far I don't see enough political support for this initiative, but at least 'carefully positive' is something!

The financial side has gone completely unmentioned in the articles I saw so far.