website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2036 Bid Process

hckošice

34 minutes ago, George_D said:

you mean by the same way as Brisbane?

yes...most likely that's what's gonna happen...

for what concerns the 2036 SOG, I think Italy might launch a serious Rome-Milan "twin cities" bid, if the 2026 WOG experience would prove a big success...and that's a big "if"...

15 minutes ago, phelps said:

yes...most likely that's what's gonna happen...

for what concerns the 2036 SOG, I think Italy might launch a serious Rome-Milan "twin cities" bid, if the 2026 WOG experience would prove a big success...and that's a big "if"...

I doubt the IOC gives Italy a Summer games 10 years after the WOG.

8 minutes ago, intoronto said:

I doubt the IOC gives Italy a Summer games 10 years after the WOG.

well, if we're going to see Sapporo 2030 after Tokyo 2020, why not Italy 2036 after Italy 2026?

obviously, it depends on how many reliable bids are there for 2036...

and however, as I wrote, for Italy, it all depends on the 2026 outcome (and from many more aspects of our society/economy...we're not going to face easy times in the next future, I fear)...

On 3/22/2022 at 7:16 PM, AliciasBlade said:

As for India, wasn’t their CWG bad in 2010? 

In no way saying that India should host, but in 2036 that's 26 years ago. How long does it take before they'll be allowed to forget those Games?

If the IOC has actually rejected Madrid because they have a different preferred candidate, then I really wonder who that is. Madrid was surely one of the IOC's best bets - a major global city with most of the necessary venues in place in a relatively stable economy with a rich sporting heritage.

Surely they don't want to go somewhere "new" and risky, like India, Turkey or Africa yet - the experience of Rio has surely scared them off that for a generation.

So where is it? The centenary of 1936 would make a German games a PR nightmare. Possibly London? 2012 is regarded as one of the best moments in this country's history by much of the general public and Britain is probably one of the few countries that would be overall quite positive about hosting another games, although making it London-centred wouldn't be ideal as the government preaches about 'levelling up' the north. Maybe some sort of joint effort between Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds, Birmingham, etc?

30 minutes ago, hmc16 said:

If the IOC has actually rejected Madrid because they have a different preferred candidate, then I really wonder who that is. Madrid was surely one of the IOC's best bets - a major global city with most of the necessary venues in place in a relatively stable economy with a rich sporting heritage.

Surely they don't want to go somewhere "new" and risky, like India, Turkey or Africa yet - the experience of Rio has surely scared them off that for a generation.

So where is it? The centenary of 1936 would make a German games a PR nightmare. Possibly London? 2012 is regarded as one of the best moments in this country's history by much of the general public and Britain is probably one of the few countries that would be overall quite positive about hosting another games, although making it London-centred wouldn't be ideal as the government preaches about 'levelling up' the north. Maybe some sort of joint effort between Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds, Birmingham, etc?

2036 is too early after 2012 for GB

1 hour ago, hmc16 said:

Wouldn’t that be yet another English Olympics after LA 2028 and Brisbane 2032?