website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2036 Bid Process

hckošice

30 minutes ago, seb851 said:

Forget Montreal-Toronto Bid, COC consider a Vancouver 2030 before a Montreal-Toronto Bids

I don't think that is true. The source says COC is strongly behind the summer bid. I'm sure the COC would rather a summer bid and hosting first...

50 minutes ago, intoronto said:

I don't think that is true. The source says COC is strongly behind the summer bid. I'm sure the COC would rather a summer bid and hosting first...

It's true, the priority for the COC is the Vancouver-BC 2030 bid, which was confirmed during the Tokyo 2020 debriefing conference. And the Quebec government is not interested in supporting any sporting event ...

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Madrid will not bid. Apparently IOC has said to the Spanish NOC president that they have other preferences for 2036 and it is not worth bidding.

Spain will keep the bid for the 2030 WOG, though.

23 minutes ago, Cobi said:

Madrid will not bid. Apparently IOC has said to the Spanish NOC president that they have other preferences for 2036 and it is not worth bidding.

Finally Spain for WOG, i've been saying it for some time now :thumbup: Though SOG would be equally as good, i wonder who is the dumb IOC's favourite? They are not even hiding it at this point and directly say "don't even bother applying"

1 hour ago, Cobi said:

Any word on the other countries bidding for 2036? 

Imo, those countries are bad choices.

Why choose Egypt as the first African country to host the Olympics? They’re better off giving it to South Africa.

As for India, wasn’t their CWG bad in 2010? 

And why should they celebrate 100 years after the controversial 1936 Berlin Olympics?