website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2036 Bid Process

hckošice

7 hours ago, ofan said:

You and I have already hashed out my feelings about Italy getting the 2026 Winter Games. Please don't tell me you guys are now asking for another one six years later... :d 

don't worry...this is just a dream of some people using news like this for electoral purposes...

there's no way this is a realistic bid...

@phelps It’s looking more and more like Queensland will host in 2032: http://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1084612/ioc-praise-queensland-2032-bid

I wouldn’t be shocked if they’re announced as hosts within the next year.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

@phelps It’s looking more and more like Queensland will host in 2032: http://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1084612/ioc-praise-queensland-2032-bid

I wouldn’t be shocked if they’re announced as hosts within the next year.

no, they can't even do it...they have to launch a bid campaign and give enough time to every interested city to present their bid properly before they award an Olympiad to somebody...

maybe they won't wait until 2025 (as it would be needed, according to the current rules), but surely it won't happen too quickly either...

Just now, phelps said:

no, they can't even do it...they have to launch a bid campaign and give enough time to every interested city to present their bid properly before they award an Olympiad to somebody...

maybe they won't wait until 2025 (as it would be needed, according to the current rules), but surely it won't happen too quickly either...

Oh I think we’re way passed the “but IOC rules say” with Bach. There were recent amendments approved for the bid process by the IOC. One of those was getting rid of hard date limits. If Bach has what he wants, Queensland has already won. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Oh I think we’re way passed the “but IOC rules say” with Bach. There were recent amendments approved for the bid process by the IOC. One of those was getting rid of hard date limits. If Bach has what he wants, Queensland has already won. 

sure, there are no more hard dates...but still you must give every competitor the chance to play their cards...:evil:

ioc have more freedom to make their choice, but they just can't do "whatever they want"...there's a certain difference between the 2 positions...;)

A lot of things can still happen... including whether Bach is still holding his office or not :evil:

Just now, Griff88 said:

A lot of things can still happen... including whether Bach is still holding his office or not :evil:

Bach will definitely hold his office:yes

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, hckošice said:

Some german officials considering a bid "Berlin-Tel Aviv 2036" as a legacy one hundred years after..well, you know what

That sounds like almost as much fun as Euro 2020/2021 (football) which is spread all over and so doesn't really have a 'home' and feels more like a random set of matches :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!