website statistics

Road Cycling UCI World Championships 2019

hckošice

Just now, dcro said:

How very unexpected winner.

Obviously losing was impossible with Koen Bouwman in the team.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Ugh, it looks like every single African, apart from the South Africans, has disappeared from the start/entry lists :(

https://www.tissottiming.com/File/000311020A010401FFFFFFFFFFFFFF01

One can only assume they ran into visa troubles, as so often is the case :( 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, dcro said:

Oh, no... They are using loops for time trial. Hello 6 hours long competitions... :facepalm:

The elite men aren't, I believe?

6 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Ugh, it looks like every single African, apart from the South Africans, has disappeared from the start/entry lists :(

https://www.tissottiming.com/File/000311020A010401FFFFFFFFFFFFFF01

One can only assume they ran into visa troubles, as so often is the case :( 

Which is odd coming from :GBR. I don’t know they were a country that would do that. They hosts events without problems all the time. I’ll have to follow this story.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

Which is odd coming from :GBR. I don’t know they were a country that would do that. They hosts events without problems all the time. I’ll have to follow this story.

I can't really recall which events, but I'm pretty sure this is a common issue actually...half the time :GBR hosts some event that's at least a bit big, there seem to be stories about athletes missing out because of visa troubles.

Iran was supposed to send 3 cyclists to the World Champs including the first ever female cyclist. but UK simply denied visa for the entire team. this is the second time this year UK is hosting a WCh and denying visa for some countries. of course this one is not important because Iran is no big deal in cycling but imagine the reactions if it was Iran denying visa for somebody.

Just now, MHSN said:

Iran was supposed to send 3 cyclists to the World Champs including the first ever female cyclist. but UK simply denied visa for the entire team. this is the second time this year UK is hosting a WCh and denying visa for some countries. of course this one is not important because Iran is no big deal in cycling but imagine the reactions if it was Iran denying visa for somebody.

Athletes, who aren’t terrorists or have major criminal records, should always be allowed into a country for a major international event. I totally agree.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, MHSN said:

We had denied pak visas for Shooting world cup and I personally thought that was so crappy and they made a huge hue and cry removed some of the quotas and removed a couple of int events we we're assigned but US / UK do it so often and no Body tells them off :wall:

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

1 minute ago, MHSN said:

Wasn't Iran one of the countries affected the other time? Like I said, I am dead-sure UK-hosted events had this problem before, including pretty recently, and now that you posted here I am suddenly almost sure Iran was the/a victim there. Taekwondo maybe?

Edited by heywoodu