website statistics

Road Cycling UCI World Championships 2019

hckošice

5 hours ago, hckosice said:

Jastrab is in slovak language a "Hawk". Any info about her origins ?

no news on the web apart for her (amazing) results...

the most "private" infos I could find are here:

https://rallyuhccycling.com/team/megan-jastrab/

however, she's definitely a star in the making...she's "good" on the road and on the track* and she's already capable of winning races against senior women...

*good = world champion, nontheless

Just now, Dunadan said:

Eekhoff was disqualified for staying too much in the cars' slipstreams to get back in the peloton (and he was also helped by a sticky bottle...). Nielsen (DEN) and Konychev (ITA) also DQ for the same reason.

thanks...

however, also the final sprint wasn't so "clean" (but frankly I don't remember if it was him or another guy to make it a mess for some of the involved riders, among whom Battistella...I only saw the pictures once in the highlights of the race and stop)...

1 godzinę temu, phelps napisał:

I saw that someone got closed against the barriers during the final sprint...probably that was judged an illegal move by the Dutch and he was DSQ...

and tbh, if Battistella wasn't trapped and could start his sprint finish when he actually wanted, he would have won quite easily...in the last 50m he was flying double the speed of the Dutchman...

p.s. it's the men's U-23 race, not the Junior's (which was raced yesterday)...;)

Sorry for the mistakes, but I was in a hurry to the match hence these mistakes.  And as I said, when the information about the Dutch's disqualification came out, I was not in the range of the Internet.

UCI really need to step up their game. If you're gonna DQ someone for something that happened with 120+ kilometers to go, take them out of the race instead of waiting until after the race. The situation was very clearly on screen, could have made the decision within 5 minutes. Once that decision wasn't made, you could assume nothing was wrong, since this thing (and way worse) happens a million times in races without any sort of punishment, but there you go. I wonder if FIFA is going to see a foul by Messi, wait until he scored three goals, and then gives him a red card and takes away the goals after the match :p Now the entire last 20-30 kilometers of the race were pretty much made by someone who - according to UCI - shouldn't have been there anymore, yet they didn't take him out yet :lol: UCI making themselves look silly again

Nothing wrong with the sprint, although it was obvious not everyone is a master in positioning yet.

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Would depend on the advice given to the teams when the Championships started.  Although you see people using cars for drafting in all the weekly races, if the UCI had said in the technical meeting that the rules would strictly applied here, then it’s the team’s fault for not telling their riders.

2 hours ago, Grassmarket said:

Would depend on the advice given to the teams when the Championships started.  Although you see people using cars for drafting in all the weekly races, if the UCI had said in the technical meeting that the rules would strictly applied here, then it’s the team’s fault for not telling their riders.

And then still UCI can take this decision in a few minutes instead of waiting for said rider to determine pretty much the entire main portion of the race and then DQ him hours after the fact.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Van Vuelten (definitely didn’t spell that right) is just pulling away right now. No one seems to have anything for her...

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela