website statistics

Weightlifting IWF World Championships 2019

hckošice

46 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

he told me African games is counted , not really sure but overall i think this's not the main problem now , we're waiting what will happen after 3 weeks will IWF raise the ban or will it confirm it for the Olympics , not really optimistic about their decision btw , btw but it'd very much weird if Egypt is banned while Russia , Kazakhstan and North Korea will take part let's see 

I don't find African games being counted.

In calendar section of the IWF website it shows the category of competition (Gold, Silver,Bronze)there is nothing in front of African games

Just now, Shravan Kumar said:

I don't find African games being counted.

In calendar section of the IWF website it shows the category of competition (Gold, Silver,Bronze)there is nothing in front of African games

they also didn't mark the Friendship tournament in Japan but then those results are counted here

https://www.iwf.net/qualif/menu/

that makes me believe more mistakes are possible and Africa Games being counted simply makes sense. that's a major competition.

45 minutes ago, MHSN said:

they also didn't mark the Friendship tournament in Japan but then those results are counted here

https://www.iwf.net/qualif/menu/

that makes me believe more mistakes are possible and Africa Games being counted simply makes sense. that's a major competition.

Yeah that could be a possibility

2 hours ago, Col_Frost said:

Is there live results site somewhere? Or maybe even a stream?

Live results are usually not a big problem (the bigger issue is finding the results in a timely manner after the session finished and the live results screen moved on to the next session). Stream probably depends on where you are, but quite often pretty soon at least someone has a full recording on YouTube which is where I usually watch it :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

I was checking the entries and based on the entries Iran is not favorite to win any medal here !! :facepalm: even though I know we can't count too much on the entries.

when IWF announced the Qualification rules and limited countries like Iran to 2 quotas (for each gender) that was like a disaster but now we are getting close to the Olympics, we have a hard time to find 2 competitive weightlifters for the Olympics. of course we could qualify 4 but only 1 or 2 will be competitive for a medal.

Moradi's injury was a big blow but that was a good news for the stupid jerk, Kianoush Rostami ! he is still training alone with his brother, even when he had to join the national team for the last few days , he and his brother were training in the other side of the hall !! nobody knows how fit he is. another bomb out won't surprise me. but with Moradi's injury now he has a realistic chance to win the quota.

and beside this will be the first time for Iran to have a female weightlifter in World Senior Championships. they are still very weak. interestingly one of them is in Group A (with the lowest entry) alongside an Israeli weightlifter :d (won't be a problem though)

Just now, MHSN said:

Moradi's injury was a big blow but that was a good news for the stupid jerk, Kianoush Rostami ! he is still training alone with his brother, even when he had to join the national team for the last few days , he and his brother were training in the other side of the hall !! nobody knows how fit he is. another bomb out won't surprise me. but with Moradi's injury now he has a realistic chance to win the quota.

and beside this will be the first time for Iran to have a female weightlifter in World Senior Championships. they are still very weak. interestingly one of them is in Group A (with the lowest entry) alongside an Israeli weightlifter :d (won't be a problem though)

If it was a betting option, I'd place money on Rostami bombing out again, preferrably because of totally unnecessarily heavy opening weight :p 

That last sentence is excellent news though, always good when a country has a first like that, even if they're not fighting for medals yet :) 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

26 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

If it was a betting option, I'd place money on Rostami bombing out again, preferrably because of totally unnecessarily heavy opening weight :p 

That last sentence is excellent news though, always good when a country has a first like that, even if they're not fighting for medals yet :) 

I'm not sure this time. because he needs a total result here to keep himself in race for the Olympic quota. none of the Iranian weightlifters participated anywhere in past 4 months and for the reason I explained in previous page they all need a result here. I think only this time Rostami will probably think about having a result first.

yeah that's indeed a good news. nobody expects anything from these girls. this is just the start. if I'm not wrong that leaves only Wrestling and Boxing as Olympic sports don't exist for women in Iran. Boxing is also possible in future. (I didn't count Modern Pentathlon which doesn't exist at all here)

52 minuty temu, heywoodu napisał:

Live results are usually not a big problem (the bigger issue is finding the results in a timely manner after the session finished and the live results screen moved on to the next session). Stream probably depends on where you are, but quite often pretty soon at least someone has a full recording on YouTube which is where I usually watch it :p 

I have Print Screen key on my keyboard and Paint so saving results is not problem for me but I still need that site with live results ;) Forget about stream I found out that our national TV will broadcast this championships. Stupid me :red: