website statistics

Men's Baseball WBSC African/European Olympic Games Qualification Tournament 2019

phelps

and tomorrow in Parma, after the warm-up (a dangerous warm-up, as they start from the 6th on a 4-4 tied score) against South Africa (11 a.m. CET), Italy will face Israel in a match that could prove the qualification decider...

first pitch at 8 p.m. CET...live streaming on the usual Youtube's WBSC page...

Just now, dcro said:

To be perfectly honest, Italy having 40 players in baseball + softball would be such a waste of quotas. :wacko: A lot of events have fewer total quotas than that.

So, I'm hoping for Israel and Netherlands.

I’d prefer :ESP or :CZE if possible

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, dcro said:

To be perfectly honest, Italy having 40 players in baseball + softball would be such a waste of quotas. :wacko: A lot of events have fewer total quotas than that.

So, I'm hoping for Israel and Netherlands.

Them qualifying in baseball/softball won't prevent other athletes from qualifying (unlike the Youth Olympics), so why not.

7 hours ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Them qualifying in baseball/softball won't prevent other athletes from qualifying (unlike the Youth Olympics), so why not.

I think he is talking of the fact that with only 6 nations per tournament, most of them can qualify for both sports, so there are very few different nations

I'd rather prefer a competitive baseball tournament...

and without the MLB players, neither Italy, Netherlands nor Israel can guarantee anything close to "quality games", therefore I'd rather leave all of them home...

but, since it's impossible to do that (unless all european teams reject this quota), Israel would be my primary choice, as they can add more quality players (pitchers, especially) to this already reasonably good team in time for the Tokyo Olympics...

ITA and/or NED (especially our team) would only lead to a few blowouts next year...:facepalm:

Italy had to wait until the extra innings to close the match vs RSA...:facepalm:

at least, in the 10th it was an explosion of our offense...they scored 6 unanswered runs and the game was over (thanks also to a spectacular triple play in the defensive half of the inning that sealed the deal)...

final score, :ITA Italy b. :RSA South Africa 10-4 (after 10 innings)

and tonight, the showdown against :ISR Israel (8 p.m. CET)

Edited by phelps