website statistics

Rhythmic Gymnastics FIG World Championships 2019

Totallympics

I am furious right now.

The presentations for group B in the all-around final have finished. The top 4 from this group secured an Olympic quota, and the gymnasts are from :BUL :UKR :JPN and :AZE. Vedenneva :SLO and Pazhava :GEO, two of my favorite gymnasts, missed out. I have no words to express how disappointed I am every time the results in this sport get "suspicious". Honestly, sacrificing Vedeneeva so the home gymnast (from Azerbajan) gets an Olympic quota is perverse. Now we need someone to screw up badly in group A, something Vedeneeva did not deserve to go through and which no one from group A deserves to go through either. Vedeneeva and Pazhava, two of the most artistic gymnasts in this sport, each in her own style, not qualifying to the Olympics because a group of judges believe a routine with a rather questionable Mortal Kombat song deserves the quota. Unbelievable.

Qualified nations: :RUS :RUS :ISR :BUL :UKR :ITA :ITA :USA :BUL :USA :ISR :UKR :JPN :BLR :BLR :AZE

If host nation quota applies: :SLO might qualify through the World Championships if not qualified otherwise (see scenarios below)

Next in line: :GEO :UZB :HUN :ESP :FRA :ROU

Three extra quotas will be available at the World Cup and one quota for each continental championships. Now, we have some very interesting scenarios which could even lead to different nations qualifying through the World Championships:

1) Provided :SLO qualifies through the World Cup/European Championships, :GEO would be next in line and

2) If :GEO qualifies through the WCup/ECh, :UZB would be next in line and

3) If :UZB qualifies through the WCup/Asian Championships, then :HUN qualifies through the World Championships.

Then, if :SLO :GEO :HUN and :ESP get quotas through the WCup/ECh and :UZB gets a quota from the Asian Championships, then :FRA could qualify through the World Championships.

If this is the case, then there's no hope for :ROU to qualify through the World Championships anymore, I'm afraid.

Edited by thiago_simoes

@thiago_simoes will :ANG have a chance to qualify through the African qualifying?

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, JoshMartini007 said:

I think :FRA (and :ESP) can still technically qualify.

If :SLO:GEO:HUN qualify through the World Cup and :UZB qualifies through the Asian Championships and then :ESP qualifies through the European Championships

Yes, I edited mere seconds before you posted this.

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

@thiago_simoes will :ANG have a chance to qualify through the African qualifying?

No chance at all. :EGY is much stronger than the rest of the continent, and there's also :CPV with considerably stronger gymnasts even if :EGY has a complete meltdown.

à l’instant, thiago_simoes a dit :

Yes, I edited mere seconds before you posted this.

No chance at all. :EGY is much stronger than the rest of the continent, and there's also :CPV with considerably stronger gymnasts even if :EGY has a complete meltdown.

do you think that kseniya Moustafaeva will qualify for tokyo 2020, and if so when? I am disappointed with her passing at the clubs while in qualifying she had 20 points, I would also like to see the qualified team since 2000 France is no longer qualified in this event thank you very much for your answers

5 hours ago, Benolympique said:

do you think that kseniya Moustafaeva will qualify for tokyo 2020

Yes. 

5 hours ago, Benolympique said:

if so when?

Through the World Cup circuit (April 3–26, 2020).

I believe :SLO will not even bother to compete (she's already qualified even if she doesn't compete anymore until the Olympics), :GEO will qualify through the European Championships and :UZB will qualify through the Asian Championships. The three extra quotas at the World Cup circuit will likely go to :ESP :FRA and one of these nations: :HUN :CAN :KAZ :CHN :AUT or even :KOR :TUR :BRA.

Edited by thiago_simoes