website statistics

Slalom Canoeing ICF World Championships 2019

phelps

Przed chwilą, hckosice napisał:

AUS will then certainly field 2 girls in W C1, Jess as a double starter and Noemie as the classical qualied girl

It's not possible, I'm affraid: "An athlete that qualifies for the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 may, if selected to do so by their NOC, participate in more than one (1) event in Canoe Slalom at the Olympic Games as long as no other athlete from their NOC is entered to compete in those events at the Olympic Games." So probably J. Fox in two events and that's it.

Edited by Col_Frost

:AUS will no doubts qualify in both female events Jessica already tomorrow I guess, in the K1 and her sis Noemie the next day. and they are going to allow Jess to compete in both events, since she already achieved the required Australian criteria in C1. AUS will then certainly field 2 girls in W C1, Jess as a double starter and Noemie as the classical qualied girl

Jess dominates in both competitions and as she mobilizes her sister, the Fox family will have many reasons to be happy in Tokyo.

Just now, Col_Frost said:

It's not possible, I'm affraid: "An athlete that qualifies for the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 may, if selected to do so by their NOC, participate in more than one (1) event in Canoe Slalom at the Olympic Games as long as no other athlete from their NOC is entered to compete in those events at the Olympic Games." So probably J. Fox in two events and that's it.

wow, I somehow missed this line, I was sure it´s like always at the last games, when all qualified paddlers may start in 1 event if they wish :lol:

My bad, thanks

Just now, hckosice said:

:AUS will no doubts qualify in both female events Jessica already tomorrow I guess, in the K1 and her sis Noemie the next day. and they are going to allow Jess to compete in both events, since she already achieved the required Australian criteria in C1. AUS will then certainly field 2 girls in W C1, Jess as a double starter and Noemie as the classical qualied girl

it could well be Rosalyn Lawrence to qualify the C1 boat for AUS...

and in this case, according to what @Col_Frost wrote in another post, I think they will have a lot of troubles to double start Jess Fox, as, once she gets the qualification, Lawrence could go to the trial court to have her place secured, especially should she win a medal here (which is not likely, but not impossible too)...

Meanwhile this was the 50th medal for Michal Martikán from the 3 majors competitions World Champs, European Champs and Olympic Games (I am not counting the World Cup)

OG  2 - 2 - 1

WCH  15 - 3 - 6

ECH  14 - 5 - 2

And just for the note. This is believe it or not, the 25th consecutive year he won at least 1 medal from the major events (from 1995) :lol:

Just now, hckosice said:

Meanwhile this was the 50th medal for Michal Martikán from the 3 majors competitions World Champs, European Champs and Olympic Games (I am not counting the World Cup)

OG  2 - 2 - 1

WCH  15 - 3 - 6

ECH  14 - 5 - 2

And just for the note. This is believe it or not, the 25th consecutive year he won at least 1 medal from the major events (from 1995) :lol:

definitely one of the true greats of the World of Sport overall, no matter what discipline we look at...:bowdown:

OG  2 - 2 - 1

WCH  15 - 3 - 6

ECH  14 - 5 - 2

Martikán is not retiring?

Przed chwilą, phelps napisał:

and in this case, according to what @Col_Frost wrote in another post, I think they will have a lot of troubles to double start Jess Fox, as, once she gets the qualification, Lawrence could go to the trial court to have her place secured, especially should she win a medal here (which is not likely, but not impossible too)...

Well they always can give up the second OQ because (if I'm not wrong) Fox could start in both events even if Australia will have place only in one of them.

Just now, Col_Frost said:

Well they always can give up the second OQ because (if I'm not wrong) Fox could start in both events even if Australia will have place only in one of them.

surely, but if they do that after another girl secured that quota, the AUS NOC would be immediately sued by that woman (whoever she is)...

Australians are pretty tough in defending their achievements...