website statistics

Slalom Canoeing ICF World Championships 2019

phelps

My trip to Tokyo will be a bit of a bummer if Casey doesn’t get a quota here...

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Dnia 22.09.2019 o 11:31, hckosice napisał:

65 nations regitred for the WCH. 510 athletes

:ALG:AND:ARG:AUS:AUT:BEL:BIH:BLR:BOL:BRA:CAN:CHI:CHN:COD  :COK:CRC:CRO:CZE:ESP:EST:FIN:FRA:GBR:GER:GRE:HKG:HUN:IND:IRI:IRL:ITA:JPN:KAZ:KEN:KOR:LAT:LBN:LTU:MAR:MAS:MEX:MKD:MRI  :NED:NEP:NGR:NOR:NZL:PAR:POL:POR:RUS:SEN:SGP:SLO:SUI:SVK:SWE:THA:TPE:TUR:UKR:USA:UZB and :VEN

The detailed entry list still not released though

The Host team

:ESP

M K1  - Joan Crespo, Samuel Hernanz, David Llorente

M C1 - Ander Elosegui, Luis Fernandez, Miquel Trave

W K1 - Maialen Chourraut, Laia Sorribes, Marta Martinez

W C1 - Ainhoa Lameiro, Klara Olazabal, Nuria Vilarrubla

No :TOG :( 

We have any chance for quota in Women's C1? I see in your predicitons that you didn't mention about us in that event, we really don't have any chance?

4 minutes ago, rybak said:

No :TOG :( 

We have any chance for quota in Women's C1? I see in your predicitons that you didn't mention about us in that event, we really don't have any chance?

Sure, the chance is always there, but the problem should be you have only one athlete entering the W C1 Aleksandra Stach, so she will have to ride without mistakes in a quite strong competition and have one of her best career race in order to advance to the semifinals, otherwise it will be over for her. Only 11 countries will qualify there and there at least around 14-15 from countries aiming for that berth realistically aspiring for this

Still 1 quota will be available at the next years Europeans in GB.

Przed chwilą, hckosice napisał:

Sure, the chance is always there, but the problem should be you have only one athlete entering the W C1 Aleksandra Stach, so she will have to ride without mistakes in a quite strong competition and have one of her best career race in order to advance to the semifinals, otherwise it will be over for her. Only 11 countries will qualify there and there at least around 14-15 from countries aiming for that berth realistically aspiring for this

Still 1 quota will be available at the next years Europeans in GB.

In my opinion, we don't expect miracles for Ola. It must be remembered that she is only 19 years old and when she is a well-run player, we will be harvesting her talent at the Games in Paris. Without a doubt, this championship will be a good testing ground for her.

Just now, TomJa said:

In my opinion, we don't expect miracles for Ola. It must be remembered that she is only 19 years old and when she is a well-run player, we will be harvesting her talent at the Games in Paris. Without a doubt, this championship will be a good testing ground for her.

True.

But again, in this sport you must also count with another decisive factor the important degree of some randomness :p However as I said, The most important for her is to avoid mistakes in the heats to qualify for the semifinals, and then everything is possible

Przed chwilą, hckosice napisał:

True.

But again, in this sport you must also count with another decisive factor the important degree of some randomness :p However as I said, The most important for her is to avoid mistakes in the heats to qualify for the semifinals, and then everything is possible

That's right, and it turns out that the track in Spain will be the one that will appeal to Alexandra. Mountain kayaking is so unpredictable that, for example, at the last World Cup you can end the struggle, and at the championship you will do great in the world championships.

Just now, hckosice said:

@heywoodu  What´s the dutch standards for qualifying ?

Winning every single event, plus every world championship, and doing it all while wearing only orange :evil:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 minutes ago, hckosice said:

@heywoodu  What´s the dutch standards for qualifying ?

I have no idea, once again our NOC has termed it's rules in pretty vague wordings.

https://www.nocnsf.nl/tokyo2020/kwalificatie-eisen

@Jinzha @CCB Any clue?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

I have no idea, once again our NOC has termed it's rules in pretty vague wordings.

https://www.nocnsf.nl/tokyo2020/kwalificatie-eisen

@Jinzha @CCB Any clue?

May be interesting to know, because Martina Wegman has some good chances to earn one of the 18 available spots here in K1.