website statistics

Slalom Canoeing ICF World Championships 2019

phelps

1 hour ago, Col_Frost said:

I didn't check this but not every nation have more than one athlete in every of this two events. Of course every NOC will rather give up place in event in which they have bigger chance for another OQ but it doesn't have to get to another athlete of their country. Also :AND :BRA :NZL and :UKR can pick C1 because why not? They still will start in both event at the OG (probably). So writing about 14 nations fighting for 11 OQ in C1 is a little bit hasty :) 

:UKR have 2 different girls in C1, Vika Us (who qualified in K1, too), but also Vika Dobrotvorska (qualified in today's C1 only)...

I don't think they're going to reject 1 of those 2 quotas...

meanwhile :AND:BRA:USAand :NZL could actually opt for C1 instead of K1 quota, but I still asking myself why should they do something like that when they're still getting a place in both events in any case by taking the first available quota in K1?

imho, there won't be any strange manouvre...all the places awarded in K1 will stay and the rest of the C1 girls won't have any bad surprise (nor the K1 girls who stayed out yesterday are going to have any good news)...

the only Nation that could make something "unhortodox" to me is Australia, but only because the Fox family could be in the need of protecting Noemie from Lawrence's assault in C1 or just because they really want Jess to double start (and as we wrote in the past few days, I'm not sure they will be allowed/they can afford to reject the second quota overall to do that)...

Edited by phelps

2 hours ago, phelps said:

meanwhile, in the men's K1 (18 passes available), after the first qualification run, we have the following 18 NOCs already through to the Semifinals:

:SVK:GBR:ITA:CZE:SLO:ESP:GER:POR:USA:BRA:FRA:BEL:AUT:AUS:NZL:RUS:SUI:SWE

and after the second run, only 3 more NOCs must be added to this list: :CAN:POL and :CHN

so, games are not over yet, but almost...

11 minutes ago, phelps said:

meanwhile :AND:BRA:USAand :NZL could actually opt for C1 instead of K1 quota, but I still asking myself why should they do something like that when they're still getting a place in both events in any case by taking the first available quota in K1?

I imagine a country could incentivize some of the above to pick the C1 so that their athlete could qualify in K1. It wouldn't be the first time something like that happened.

30 minut temu, phelps napisał:

Well, you can ask why should they choose K1 instead of C1 as well :lol: It's all in NOCs hands and you can't predict their behavior so I think that better not trying to and most of all don't treat anything as a cetrainty.