website statistics

Your Top 3 Favourite National Anthems

Olympian1010

NationalAnthems.png

With the year to go marks just passing for both the 2020 Summer Olympics and the 2020 Summer Paralympics, I thought it’d be fun to have friendly little vote and discussion about what is the best national anthem? Please look below for the rules.

Anthem Eligibility:

1.1: All anthems discussed and voted for below must be from current National Olympic Committees

1.2: Countries with unrecognized National Olympic Committees will not count (New Caledonia, Tahiti, Faroe Islands)

1.3: Because suspended NOC athletes and Refugees compete under the authority of the IOC, the Olympic Anthem is eligible

1.4: Rules on eligibility made be changed should such a need be recognized by the community

Voting and Voting Format:

2.1 Each participating user will choose their top 3 anthems and rank them Gold Medal, Silver Medal, Bronze Medal.

2.2 Additionally each user may also choose up to 2 extra anthems for special mention (this will be used as tiebreaker).

2.3 Users may not vote for their own NOCs national anthem

Anthem Ranking:

3.1 Anthems will be ranked using the Olympic Medal Table style.

3.2 Special Mentions will be used to break ties.

Rules Amendments:

4.1 Amendments may be added at any time.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Gold Medal: :FRA France (La Marseillaise)

Silver Medal: :ITA Italy (Il Canto degli Italiani)

Bronze Medal: :BRA Brazil (Hino Nacional Brasileiro)

Special Mentions: :IND India (Jana Gana Mana) and :CAN Canada (O Canada)

Ones that just missed my top 5: :RUS Russian Federation (Gosudartvennyy Gimm Rossiyskoy Federatsii), :RSA South Africa (Nkosi Sikelel’ iAfrika), and :NEP Nepal (Sayaū Thūgā Phūlka)

The Worst: :USA United States (Star Spangled Banner), :NED Netherlands (Wilhelmus van Nassouwe), :FIJ Fiji (God Bless Fiji (with a better anthem please)), :ESP Spain (Marcha Real) add some lyrics please, or write a new one (that’d be cooler)

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Oh well, this is really easy :p

Gold: :FRA(very powerful hymn, a bit cruel but amazing)

Silver: :POL (Marsz, marsz, Dabrowski <3)

Bronze: :RUS (In really URSS, btw)

Special mention: :URU and :BRA

"Wrost" hymn: :GBR and :USA

NB: I don't vote (only) for the music but i vote for the text

Edited by Gianlu33

Special Mentions

:CZE  +  :RSA + :ALG 

no worst for me

There no worst anthem since every one should be respected

pps.

Mega specia mention to :GDR despite full of propaganda, I always loved for some weird resons this one...sorry I know I´m weird :lol:

Very hard choice 

Gold : South Africa 

Silver : Japan 

Bronze : Kenya 

Special mentions : Italy , Kazakhstan, Germany , Russia,  Israel,  China,  Iraq , but I'll choose Kazakhstan and Russia to be in my top 5 list 

Worst : I honestly don't see any bad anthems, every national anthem has its traditions and reflecting culture of any country so I'll choose none