website statistics

Surfing ISA World Games 2019

Totallympics

15 minutes ago, dcro said:

Will she finish 14th or higher? That's a selection requirement from SASCOC.

yes, she's guaranteed a top 6 finish, if I'm not wrong about the competition format (in any case, there are only 12 girls left, so she can't be worse than 12th)...

Just now, Laraja said:

Nice to know, I did not know that. But, yes. If she gets the worst position, she'll be in the 8th place

sure? those in round #6 should be 6th at worst...

correct me, if I'm wrong...

the top 2 in round 6 will advance to the final,meanwhile the 3rd and 4th ranked should go to the repechage #10 with only 1 heat of 4 surfers (and the top 2 advancing to the final, meanwhile the 3rd and 4th ranked should end the competition as 5th and 6th)...

because repechage 9 should feature only 1 heat of 4 surfers, the top 2 of the 2 rep. 8 heats (with 2 advancing from rep. 9 to rep. 10)...

7th and 8th overall should be the 2 rep. 9 losers...

Edited by phelps

Agora, phelps disse:

sure? those in round #6 should be 6th at worst...

correct me, if I'm wrong...

the top 2 in round 6 will advance to the final,meanwhile the 3rd and 4th ranked should go to the repechage #10 with only 1 heat of 4 surfers (and the top 2 advancing to the final, meanwhile the 3rd and 4th ranked should end the competition as 5th and 6th)...

because repechage 9 should feature only 1 heat of 4 surfers, the top 2 of the 2 rep. 8 heats (with 2 advancing from rep. 9 to rep. 10)...

Yeah, that's it :thumbup:

My mistake. This format it's a little bit confusing :lol:

I thought that if she loss, she was going to repechage 9. She goes directly to repechage 10.

Just now, Laraja said:

Yeah, that's it :thumbup:

My mistake. This format it's a little bit confusing :lol:

I thought that if she loss, she was going to repechage 9. She goes directly to repechage 10.

yeah, they like to make it really complicated...I think the WSL format is way better than this...heats, head-to-head repechage and then a simple knockout stage with no further complication...

by the way, this is a quick recap of the women's tournament so far...

the 12 girls still in contention are:

round 6
:BRA Silvana Lima
:BRA Tatiana Weston-Webb
:RSA Bianca Buitendag
:PER Sofia Mulanovich

repechage 8A
:ISR Anat Lelior
:AUS Stephanie Gilmore
:AUS Sally Fitzgibbons
:USA Courtney Conlogue

repechage 8B
:USA Caroline Marks
:CRC Brisa Hennessy
:USA Carissa Moore
:AUS Nikki Van Dijk

as explained in the posts above, the competition format is quite complicated...

- the top 2 of the round #6 heat will advance directly to the Final

- the 3rd and 4th ranked of the round #6 heat will be relegated to the repechage heat #10

- the top 2 of the repechage heats #8A and 8B will advance to the repechage heat #9

- the 3rd and 4th ranked of the repechage heats #8A and #8B are eliminated and ranked from 9th to 12th place in the overall standings

- the top 2 of the repechage heat #9 will advance to the repechage heat #10

- the 3rd and 4th ranked in the repechage heat #9 are eliminated and ranked 7th and 8th respectively in the overall standings

- the top 2 of the repechage heat #10 will advance to the Final

- the 3rd and 4th ranked in the repechage heat #10 are eliminated and ranked 5th and 6th respectively in the overall standings

- the 4 girls contesting the Final are ranked accordingly to the results of that heat...the top 3 will get Gold, Silver and Bronze medal respectively...

I hope you didn't get too much of a headache, now...:yikes::facepalm:

This world will give 1 plaza by continent , for those athletes who do not qualify through the Champions Tour 2019 and 2020 world championship and are among the world's top 30 2019. This is why you will not know for whom is the square until the end of the world 2020

The square union in principle is for Israel but my question is who would be the 1st book union, because the following are the Dutch and Spanish 2 and have fallen into the same round of repescas. If the Israelite classified in the 2020 world or would have a vacancy for who would be the square of the 1st reservation?

Agora, Jose Luis disse:

The square union in principle is for Israel but my question is who would be the 1st book union, because the following are the Dutch and Spanish 2 and have fallen into the same round of repescas. If the Israelite classified in the 2020 world or would have a vacancy for who would be the square of the 1st reservation?

good question

I've read a lot of qualification systems and, sometimes, this blows my mind :lol: But, if I'm not wrong, in this case they will not use this quota from ISA Games 2019 and add another quota in ISA Games 2020.

I'll try to find this answer