website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics FIG World Championships 2019

hckošice

4 hours ago, Jan Linha said:

Guys, there are 9 team spots for Rio from this WCH. I am secretly hoping that :CZE female team will make it. Last year they finished 24th but have done some kinda good progress since. I know that there are many other strong countries. But still. Anybody would bet on :CZE female team earning Quota for Tokyo?

Not a chance, unfortunately. At all. It's nice to see improvement, though. I am confident one of the girls will easily qualify through the all-around competition.

7 minutes ago, dcro said:

Australia slotted ahead of Ukraine. Will that be a cut-off point for Tokyo?

I doubt it. Belgium is being so ridiculously overscored it hurts. Such mediocre gymnasts receiving impossibly high scores for their level. Ugh.

EDIT: Teams still to go that will probably score higher than :AUS are: :USA :CHN :RUS :ITA :FRA :GBR :GER :JPN :NED :CAN :BRA. :BEL will secure one team spot provided they don't have a meltdown on beam. Brazil is the team on the line now.

Edited by thiago_simoes

So, despite some small problems on beam, Belgium is for sure the first team to qualify for Tokyo. I don't quite agree with it because most of their gymnasts are average at best (except for Derwael), but it is what it is. Poor Australia.

As for individual gymnasts, a score of 50+ in the all-around should be more than enough to qualify, so I'd say :AUS :UKR :JAM and :CZE have secured individual Olympic quotas.

Edited by thiago_simoes

Just now, bestmen said:

we have one , what is her ranking?

ALG

She only competed two events at the African Games and scores 23.450 in total. Algeria's best score at the event came from Lahna Salem (43.900) which would be near the last places until now. I don't think she has a chance to qualify. Maybe one of the men will be able to qualify, especially Metedji or Bourguieg.