website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics FIG World Championships 2019

hckošice

I have no words, Ibrahim Colak was my school-mate in the middle school, he was such a nice and humble guy, 5 years ago we could not imageine a world medal in gymnastics. He came 5th back in 2017 but last year he could not get into the final. I was not expecting this result, incredible. I am very happy for our medal but as a person who knows him I am very happy because I know that he really deserves this. 

I hope he can win a medal next year in the olympics. He already has written history for Turkey, why not expand the history.

41 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

No Olympics (for now) for Petrounias!

EDIT: He needs 90 points at the World Cup series to qualify for the Olympics. He has zero at the moment. China's Yang needs to win only one stage to qualify. Petrounias will likely not be at the 2020 Olympics!

What is the case if both Yang and Petrounias reach the same points? Let's say three wins. Who gets the quota?

58 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

Çolak was better, in my opinion. But it was so close.

sorry, for not answering earlier...but I had to go preparing the dinner for my dad and myself...:p

could you give me some more details?

p.s. Igor Cassina (commentating for our National TV) said the opposite...it was close, but Lodadio was better in his opinion...