website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics FIG World Championships 2019

hckošice

Olympic hopefuls after subdivision 4/8:

Team:
:TPE :BRA 

Apparatus:
Floor: :ISR Artem Dolgopyat :KAZ Milad Karimi (and :ESP Nicolau Mir if Spain doesn't qualify a team)

Pommel horse: 
:IRL Rhys McClenaghan (and :FRA Cyril Tommasone if France doesn't qualify a team)

Still rings: :TUR Ibrahim Çolak :GRE Eleftherios Petrounias (and :FRA Samir Ait Said if 
France doesn't qualify a team, :ITA Marco Lodadio if Italy doesn't qualify a team)

Vault: :VIE Le Thanh Tung

Parallel bars: :TUR Ahmet Onder (and :TUR Ferhat Arican if he doesn't qualify through the all-around)

Horizontal bar: Slight chances for :ITA Nicollo Mozzato and :ITA Carlo Macchini, but I believe they will drop out of the final by tomorrow.

All-around (I'll consider that Germany and Spain will qualify a team; otherwise, they qualify individuals 1 and 2 here):
:CUB Manrique Larduet

:ITA Ludovico Edalli
:KAZ Milad Karimi
:FRA Loris Frasca
:ISR Alexander Shatilov
:TUR Ferhat Arican
:BUL David Huddleston
:AZE Ivan Tikhonov
:BLR Andrey Likhovitskiy

:NOR Sofus Heggemsnes
:CZE David Jessen
:CHI Tomas Gonzalez

Up for reallocation spots:

:VIE Lee Thanh Tung (currently also second on vault, so he could qualify through the apparatus final if he fails to qualify through the all-around)
:ARG Santiago Mayol

:AUT Vinzenz Hoeck
:COL Andres Martinez

:GRE Nikolaos Iliopoulos
:HUN Ryan Sheppard

à l’instant, De_Gambassi a dit :

Fist time, we will not sent both teams since 1992. Oh well, that was coming, the male team qualified dead last the last two times...

and without forgetting injuries, but it's going to be complicated in other sports too

8 hours ago, phelps said:

by the way, did you watch his routine? I fear he's been heavily underscored (I didn't watch, I only read a report from an Italian website, but generally they are too enthusiastic about gymnasts, so I don't know if it might be true or not?)...

however, I think that starting in the first subdivision is cruel...it's almost impossible to sneak in into the apparatus finals...you really need to be a super-champion above all suspects, in order to be generously evaluated so early in the competition...

Sorry, I totally missed this.

His routine was fantastic and he deserves to be in the final. I don't think there are many gymnasts who could come close to Lodadio's score. De Luna (MEX), Radivilov (UKR), Howard (USA) and Tovmasyan (ARM) are the only ones with realistic chances, unless there's a big surprise (especially from Japan). 

Scores are usually very fair in men's events. Turkey received very high marks in some events despite taking part in initial subdivisions too. The "problem" is that the level is too close in men's gymnastics, unlike women's gymnastics where a handful of nations dominate the events.

à l’instant, thiago_simoes a dit :

Nothing but disappointment today with :JPN :USA :IRI :MEX :LTU and :CAN. At least Lithuania should qualify through the all-around. Mexico and Canada have probably done enough to qualify through the all-around too, but we shall see. Good news for Italy so far.

and not for :FRA ?

Olympic hopefuls after subdivision 5/8 (assuming Germany can potentially qualify a team):

Team: :USA :TPE :BRA :ESP

Apparatus:

FX: :ISR
PH: :IRL :FRA
SR: :TUR :FRA :GRE :ITA
VT: :VIE :GUA :BLR

PB: :TUR

AA:
:CUB :KAZ :FRA :LTU :ISR :TUR :BUL :MEX :CAN :AZE :BLR :NOR

Reallocations:
:CZE :CHI :ARG :AUT :COL :GRE :HUN :IRL 

Edited by thiago_simoes