website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics FIG World Championships 2019

hckošice

7 hours ago, Griff88 said:

And I thought we only send Rifda Irfanalutfi because the media here only wrote about her :wacko:

According to the final nominative entries, Aprizal will not compete. No chance for Indonesia, then.

1 hour ago, Oldira said:

He wont win a medal if he falls in the Pommell Horse! I actually think he may not even bother to enter the All Round. Our other gymnast Adam Steele has a slight chance to qualify there.

I didn't make myself clear, I'm sorry. It doesn't make a difference if he falls on the pommel horse if he's trying to qualify through the all-around competition. Of course his final score would be lower, but at least he can make up for it on the other events. However, if he doesn't throw full difficulty on pommel horse, he will not qualify to the final. It's the World Championships. Not a moment to play safe or water down routines. It's all or nothing.

@thiago_simoes What’s your opinion on all the talk surrounding the difficulty level Biles’s new beam dismount was given?

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Guys, there are 9 team spots for Rio from this WCH. I am secretly hoping that :CZE female team will make it. Last year they finished 24th but have done some kinda good progress since. I know that there are many other strong countries. But still. Anybody would bet on :CZE female team earning Quota for Tokyo?

STATISTICS - IF ANYBODY IS SEARCHING FOR RESULT LISTS FOR UPCOMING EVENT:

Live Results: https://www.longinestiming.com/gymnastics/2019/49th-fig-artistic-gymnastics-world-championships-stuttgart

Official Results and Live Results: https://www.stuttgart2019.de/en/results/

https://gym.longinestiming.com/2019/Artistic-14274/en-us/default/Phase/Live

Edited by Jan Linha

15 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

@thiago_simoes What’s your opinion on all the talk surrounding the difficulty level Biles’s new beam dismount was given?

FIG did the right thing. It's good that Biles is trying something new, but even a tsukahara is extremely rare, what means that most girls did not master this. It would be terrible if more girls felt compelled to throw a double double like Biles because it's worth a lot, and injury themselves in this process. Biles is acting like a spoiled child about this, and she's not making new fans, I can tell.