website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics FIG World Championships 2019

hckošice

On 23/09/2019 at 17:15, thiago_simoes said:

Sometimes it makes sense for the team competition not to choose gymnasts who placed 3rd or 4th in the all-around. Maybe those who finished 3rd have nothing good to add to the team, or no chance to earn medals in individual apparatus, so it makes sense not to select them. I expect the 2020 team to be composed of gymnasts who place 1st and 2nd in the all-around competition, and two wildly different gymnasts with good chances of individual medals.

ut cant an NCO qualify a team of 4 followed bu 1 additional All Rounder and 1 person on apparatus through World Series? In theory an NCO can have 6 gymnasts?

10 hours ago, Oldira said:

ut cant an NCO qualify a team of 4 followed bu 1 additional All Rounder and 1 person on apparatus through World Series? In theory an NCO can have 6 gymnasts?

Yes, but the team competition is still restricted to 4 persons. So, it makes sense to have all-arounders 1-2 and the best combination in 2 apparatus (women's, or 3 in men's), instead of 3 or 4 all-arounders. 

1 hour ago, thiago_simoes said:

Yes, but the team competition is still restricted to 4 persons. So, it makes sense to have all-arounders 1-2 and the best combination in 2 apparatus (women's, or 3 in men's), instead of 3 or 4 all-arounders. 

What are your Olympic predictions?

14 minutes ago, intoronto said:

My bad. I thought this was a Tokyo 2020 qualification event.

I’m pretty sure it is. Is it not?

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

On 22/09/2019 at 20:46, thiago_simoes said:

VERY surprising results. First, Sunisa Lee almost beat Biles. I thought no one would come close to Biles until she retired, but look at what we got here? Second, Skinner came back very strong, and no one expected that. Wong and Hurd, who were no brainers for the team, finished very low and probably will not be selected. Chiles and Thomas, two great gymnasts who I thought would also be part of the team, finished in very low positions. I'm curious about who will be on the team. If these results are to be taken seriously (and, well, they are), the team will have unexpected names like Lee, Carey and Skinner.

According to the nominative entry list posted today, the first six were picked by US gymnastics. Wonder who will be left out as the alternate.

15 hours ago, intoronto said:

My bad. I thought this was a Tokyo 2020 qualification event.

It is. But do you want me to predict everyone who will probably get a quota? I'll try my best.

Women's artistic gymnastics:

Team (4 quotas): USA RUS CHN JPN GBR CAN FRA ITA GER NED BRA BEL
Individual: AUS UKR ROU ARG HUN SUI MEX ESP KOR PRK SWE POR CRO SLO CZE POL INA UZB TPE EGY

Men's artistic gymnastics:
Team (4 quotas): RUS CHN JPN USA GBR UKR BRA SUI FRA GER NED ITA
Individual: ESP KOR CAN TUR KAZ TPE HUN BLR ROU PHI ARM BEL

Przed chwilą, thiago_simoes napisał:

It is. But do you want me to predict everyone who will probably get a quota? I'll try my best.

Women's artistic gymnastics:

Team (4 quotas): USA RUS CHN JPN GBR CAN FRA ITA GER NED BRA BEL
Individual: AUS UKR ROU ARG HUN SUI MEX ESP KOR PRK SWE POR CRO SLO CZE POL INA UZB TPE EGY

Men's artistic gymnastics:
Team (4 quotas): RUS CHN JPN USA GBR UKR BRA SUI FRA GER NED ITA
Individual: ESP KOR CAN TUR KAZ TPE HUN BLR ROU PHI ARM BEL

It's nice to see that we managed to find funds (some percent probably covered, as in the case of trips to the World Cup Leszek Blanik - if someone is interested I can solve this topic), so that Poles could go to the world championships.