website statistics

Darts Discussion Thread

heywoodu

1 minute ago, OlympicIRL said:

I have a dartboard in my bedroom. It depends on what kind of darts you prefer (thin or thick). But any set by one of the professional guys should be fine, or a set like unicorn. I'm not an expert really :d

Like thin ones, which are generally expensive. Hence wanted to check. Thanks for the advice :)

5 minutes ago, Suneet said:

Like thin ones, which are generally expensive. Hence wanted to check. Thanks for the advice :)

I went through phases of preferring thin ones then the thicker ones and back again. Generally I prefer the thinner darts too. But most importantly, the more practice you do, the better you will become. It can be boring as hell practicing on your own so you need to mix it up and play different games that help to improve your skills. And use your imagination by pretending you are playing against another opponent :d

Edited by OlympicIRL

1 minute ago, OlympicIRL said:

I went through phases of preferring thin ones then the thicker ones and back again. Generally I prefer the thinner darts too. But most of all, the more practice you do, the better you will become. It can be boring as hell practising on your own so you need to mix it up and play different games that help to improve your skills. And use your imagination by pretending you are playing against another opponent :d

Yeah... I've been playing on and off for the past few years but this time I wanted to be sure about the darts I use :)

26 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

I have a dartboard in my bedroom. It depends on what kind of darts you prefer (thin or thick). But any set by one of the professional guys should be fine, or a set like unicorn. I'm not an expert really :d

As our commentator (definitely an expert) always says: Just buy the most basic set-up there is, no weird flights, no weird shafts or other exotic stuff, just 100% basic. Only after getting used to that it's maybe time to see if you can change some small things to get better :p 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Oh my, what did Smith have for lunch? :yikes:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!