website statistics

Darts Discussion Thread

heywoodu

On 1/4/2024 at 4:17 PM, mpjmcevoy said:

FWIW, Littler appears to have been a recognised prodigy for some time now, and the numbers he's hitting are not astonishing for a 16 yo. They're just astonishing full stop. We may be about to hit a golden period for Darts, and if we could only find a couple of international players from North America to inherit the John Part legacy, the sport will be in as good a place, internationally, as its ever been.

Yeah, Littler had been playing a lot last year as well (way more than he will this year, presumably), with several matches in for example the MODUS Super Series ending in wins with averages of 110+. If memory serves me right, he destroyed Lakeside champion Andy Baetens with a 118 point average. Sure, that was a relatively short match, but those numbers are rare, to say the least.

I honestly doubt there's any major North Americans in the next few years, unfortunately, it's just often the same names and they never really break through. Same for most Asians, much as I'd like to see that change.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

8 hours ago, Josh said:

Didn’t know darts was popular on this forum :p

Yeah I always forget that :d 

For context: on the main Dutch forum, the thread about the PDC world championships, which started halfway in November, ended up with a little over 31.000 posts....and that's taking into account darts is now on a pay-channel which requires watching it on a website or on an app, instead of a regular TV channel like it was for many, many years. When it was still on the regular TV channel, it'd get to 50-60 thousand posts in 6 weeks or so :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 hours ago, Federer91 said:

It is by the evidence of 80 pages and other threads for the big events of past years. :d But almost no one comments in the last 1-2 years. I myself haven't been watching as much as 4-5-7 years ago, but still follow all results and watch whenever i can.

Presume people prioritise other stuff to watch as well. Also some of the decisions the PDC have made lately have hindered some of my interests. That and because it's not been on regular TV here in years. 

I watched the entire PDC World Championships this year apart from a couple of sessions in the afternoon before Christmas when I was working. 
I’ve always been a massive darts fan :d

• 2 weeks later...

Asian Tour started yesterday, with some decent 85+ averages in the final stages, but also this:

taUeDe0.png

With leg 1 being this beauty :d 

Knipsel.png

Q-School is over, Darren Webster didn't make it and is somewhat angry (and being rather dumb).

GD0dbLTXUAALIRW?format=jpg&name=small

He doesn't even know the event he is playing in. "128 players in Germany (the EU Q-School event) and England" just isn't true: that's the number of players in the second stage in both events, for which certain players - including Webster - were automatically qualified. However, the rest of the players came from stage 1, which was Monday through Wednesday, and where the EU event had 150+ more players. In other words, EU event having more Tour Cards to distribute is....well, entirely logical.

Even more....interesting: Webster would actually have made it if he had not played today. He lost out on leg difference, but today he won a match 6-4 and then lost 6-2, in other words, had he not played today, his leg difference would have been 2 legs better and that would have been enough.