website statistics

Darts Discussion Thread

heywoodu

Other than Waites & Harms I don't know anyone who over-extended their BDO stay. I have some Ted Hankey flashes from years gone by but he fizzled out in PDC rather fast IIRC.

I suppose PDC has some Q-schools in place but the turnover value will be high.

I guess those traditional UK sports like snooker or darts were forced to go international in wake of the tobacco advertising ban? Embassy used to sponsor both darts & snooker and I have no clue where they get their money from these days (other than betting sites).

3 hours ago, Monzanator said:

Other than Waites & Harms I don't know anyone who over-extended their BDO stay. I have some Ted Hankey flashes from years gone by but he fizzled out in PDC rather fast IIRC.

I suppose PDC has some Q-schools in place but the turnover value will be high.

I guess those traditional UK sports like snooker or darts were forced to go international in wake of the tobacco advertising ban? Embassy used to sponsor both darts & snooker and I have no clue where they get their money from these days (other than betting sites).

Glen Durrant definitely should have moved over to PDC sooner.

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Van den Bergh and de Sousa winning Majors sum up pretty much 2020 :d

You stop watching darts for a year and suddenly De Sousa of all places wins the Grand Slam :yikes: 

Guess I have some stuff to read up on before the world championships :lol: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

You stop watching darts for a year and suddenly De Sousa of all places wins the Grand Slam :yikes: 

Guess I have some stuff to read up on before the world championships :lol: 

To be fair, de Sousa has been doing a great job in the floor and Euro events. But still, he is probably not in your top 10-15 favorites for a Major trophy. Let's see if this amazing performance can solidify him, as a top contender. 

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

One of the nicest literal giants one can imagine has passed away, rest in peace Viking :cry: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!