website statistics

Darts Discussion Thread

heywoodu

5 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I do like the Premier League, sort of, but I couldn't give a damn about this Champions League :d 

Again the same group of players :whistle:

UK Open is much nicer for example, or the Grand Slam of Darts.

Those two are indeed much more exciting and more prestigious. The Premier League is very prestigious too but it doesn't appeal to me as a spectacle.... it drags out way too long and features the same faces each week. The quality is usually fantastic though. I used to watch it religiously every week, then I started recording it to watch on less busy nights and eventually in recent years just stopped watching as there was always something on and I didn't feel the need to catch up on the action I missed.

Darts is very similar to snooker for me, I love both and will binge majorly on the few major events (about 4 in each in terms of what I watch). The more minor tournaments or the lesser "big" tournaments don't interest me at all and same goes with the Premier Leagues (snooker had it too for some years).

• 2 weeks later...

Talking about darts, the last 16 of the Winmau World Masters are on their way :p (almost halfway)

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Tony O'Shea hasn't qualified for Lakeside, the first time Silverback will miss it since 2002 :(

Such a nice fellow, it's a shame he's well on his decline.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

By the way, Polish Eagle Krzysztof Ratajski won the Winmau World Masters yesterday, he first major title. More importantly, he did so with some impressive play, 100+ average in the quarter final against Glen Durrant, and close to 100 in the semi final and final, which is a very rare bit of high-level darts in the BDO.

World Grand Prix is about to start in Dublin, the famous double in, double out tournament. Gary Anderson has withdrawn last-minute, since he has more important things to do: he can become a father basically any moment :)

A bit of darts history in the World Grand Prix. These are the quarter finalists:

WGP-kwartfinales-2017.jpg

Note the complete lack of English players, that has never happened before in the quarter finals of a PDC major.