website statistics

Mountain Bike Cycling UCI World Championships 2019

Totallympics

:ROU and :SUI currently hold the quotas after the Men's U23 race.

Of course, these quotas are of the lowest priority. At the very least Switzerland will be replaced via the rankings. Currently Romania holds the final spot in the rankings too, meaning both quotas could be reallocated to the next highest rank eligible nation. Once everything is settled, it could be :CHI and :GBR getting these quotas (assuming Romania qualifies through the world rankings)

Weird, Brazil is represented by Mourão and one Viviane Favery Costa of 1986, whoever that may be (even my girlfriend, who knows most ins and outs of Brazilian mountainbiking, has never heard of her). Weird thing is Leticia Candido was supposed to start, she is in Canada and the federation said a few days ago she'd ride. I guess she fell and got injured or something.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

Weird, Brazil is represented by Mourão and one Viviane Favery Costa of 1986, whoever that may be (even my girlfriend, who knows most ins and outs of Brazilian mountainbiking, has never heard of her). Weird thing is Leticia Candido was supposed to start, she is in Canada and the federation said a few days ago she'd ride. I guess she fell and got injured or something.

Maybe she is another Brazilian-Canadian. :p

#banbestmen

Just now, dcro said:

Maybe she is another Brazilian-Canadian. :p

That is my main guess, yes :p 

If she'd have been in the Brazilian circuit in the past 10 years I'd have heard that by now.

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Annika Langvad fighting for the top-50....which she isn't even in right now.

Spoiler

Behind Mourão of all places.

Just noticed Belomoina's DNS :yikes: