website statistics

Rowing FISA World Championships 2019

Totallympics

Just now, phelps said:

I'm sure that 3 years ago it was not possible to keep more than 1 boat per gender (even if any Nation could start in all the races they wanted at the final regatta, just they had to reallocate those quota won in excess)...

probably the Chinese case was a combination of Continental quota + final global regatta (or something related to reallocations)...:mumble:

Actually we did qualify 2 boats in the Final Olympic Qualification Regatta (W2- and W4x). Check it out.

Just now, phelps said:

I'm sure that 3 years ago it was not possible to keep more than 1 boat per gender (even if any Nation could start in all the races they wanted at the final regatta, just they had to reallocate those quota won in excess)...

probably the Chinese case was a combination of Continental quota + final global regatta (or something related to reallocations)...:mumble:

you're wrong. The only limitation is (and was) in the Continental qualification regatta (where Italy can't participate btw), not in the final qualification regatta.

Just now, Winterless said:

Actually we did qualify 2 boats in the Final Olympic Qualification Regatta (W2- and W4x). Check it out.

I trust you...;)

I was sure that there was that rule...but obviously I'm confusing it with something else...:mumble:

p.s. there's always the chance that different rules were established for European and non European Nations...or I'm just wrong and stop...:dunno:

Just now, Dunadan said:

you're wrong. The only limitation is (and was) in the Continental qualification regatta (where Italy can't participate btw), not in the final qualification regatta.

OK...probably I was messing it up between the 2 events...:facepalm:

in any case, it doesn't change anything in my perspective about our NT...

we don't have any chance to build a competitive Eight, so, better think about the races where we can do better...

6 hours ago, OlympicIRL said:

Yes, and they were so unlucky with the wind in the B final as they should have been redrawn into lane 5/6 along with China.

However, that is such a surprise anyway as that team is most of the team that just won a medal at U23 level at the world championships this year and they were sent here mainly for experience. 

But the rowing experts on our TV were thinking it could be a blessing as this will make our competition for places in the women’s pair even stronger. Our women's pair placed 8th here and qualified to Tokyo.

I am sure the W4 will be attempting qualification at the final regatta. I think they have a great chance too. 

13 hours ago, Winterless said:

We are the CHAMPION!!!!! Chinese men has NEVER had ANY gold in the rowing world championshlps. Now we had TWOOOO!!! Needless to mention the gold from women's quadruple sculls!!!

2006,we got gold medal in LM4-,it's an Olympic event at that time.