website statistics

Men's Field Hockey EHF European Championship 2019

Totallympics

Just now, EselTheDonkey said:

Some surprise in the first round: England only with a 2:2 draw against Wales.

It's coooooming home, it's cooooooming home.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Spain is crushing the Netherlands and will likely make it to the final. That can have consequences for the OQT as well. If Spain wins the final as well, it's not unlikely that two out of UK, Germany and India will be in pot 2. 

Edited by EselTheDonkey

Looking at the ranking, I think (but I haven't done all the calculations) that Wales-Ireland will also be important for the Olympic qualification. If Wales manage to not finish 8th*, Egypt could lose its top 20 spot.

Edit *counting 2017 and 2019, for which they probably need to finish 6th here?, so not very likely.

Edited by Dunadan

Justo ahora, Dunadan dijo:

Looking at the ranking, I think (but I haven't done all the calculations) that Wales-Ireland will also be important for the Olympic qualification. If Wales manage to not finish 8th*, Egypt could lose its top 20 spot.

Edit *counting 2017 and 2019, for which they probably need to finish 6th here?, so not very likely.

If I calculated correctly, even with a 6th place they won't become higher than "EUR 8". With that, they would receive an extra 100 ranking points, which isn't enough to reach Egypt.

Just now, LDOG said:

If I calculated correctly, even with a 6th place they won't become higher than "EUR 8". With that, they would receive an extra 100 ranking points, which isn't enough to reach Egypt.

I think if Wales are 6th, Scotland 7th and Ireland 8th, then Wales could be as high as EUR 6. But it's extremely unlikely anyway.

Justo ahora, Dunadan dijo:

I think if Wales are 6th, Scotland 7th and Ireland 8th, then Wales could be as high as EUR 6. But it's extremely unlikely anyway.

Yes, you're right...

Wales: 675

Ireland: 650

Scotland: 638 

Those would be the internal european points in that case. 

En 22/8/2019 a las 16:21, Dunadan dijo:

And... they did it :lol: 4-0 over Ireland.

Anyway, as I said, I think south africa men is going to the games.