website statistics
Jump to content
  • Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

    Register now to gain access to all of our features and follow all sports events with us here on Totallympics!

     

Winter Olympic Games 2022 Qualification Systems



Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, heywoodu said:

A ranking with the following input:

 

- Every single IBU Qualifying points result (for the qualifying period, which I don't know in my mind what exactly it is) for all sprints and individuals in the World Cup, IBU Cup and their respective championships, like this document: https://ibu.blob.core.windows.net/docs/2021/BT/SWRL/CH__/SMSP/C74Q_v1.pdf

 

And the following output:

 

- A ranking (with athletes, not nations) with I believe the average of each athlete's five best results. It could also be the average of the three best results, I'd have to check.

EASYYYY:

=AVERAGE(LARGE(table of results;1);LARGE(table of results;2);LARGE(table of results;3);LARGE(table of results;4);LARGE(table of results;5))

 

"Table of results" is of course all the range of the results you need to pick 5 out of.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Biathlon Qualification Standing   Blue - 6 Quotas Green - 5 Quotas Bold - 4 Quotas   after Stage 4 (Hochfilzen II) Completed Events 7/25       Me

Bobsleigh: Bobsleigh Qualification System.pdf   Skeleton: Skeleton Qualification System.pdf   Quotas: 2-man bobsleigh: 30 competitors. 2 NOCs with 3 sleds, 7 NOCs with 2 sleds

My favourite and most tense thread on Totallympics at the moment, let's go!   

11 hours ago, Vojthas said:

EASYYYY:

=AVERAGE(LARGE(table of results;1);LARGE(table of results;2);LARGE(table of results;3);LARGE(table of results;4);LARGE(table of results;5))

 

"Table of results" is of course all the range of the results you need to pick 5 out of.

 

 

Yes that is the easy part, but first you need to get the data from pdf to excel and sort it by athlete from many different events. No idea how 

 

and then you can easily do the part you describe. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, prso1000 said:

Yes that is the easy part, but first you need to get the data from pdf to excel and sort it by athlete from many different events. No idea how 

 

and then you can easily do the part you describe. 

I'm afraid there is no way to do that the other way than simply typing one by one. Or to type the results of each single competition, which is much easier and faster, and then ask Excel to search the name from the classification in the results list and give back their result. It's the function VLOOKUP. That's what I use for the prediction contests I manage.

 

Maybe converting pdf to doc and trying to change it to table (ctrl+h and changing spaces to tabs mightbe helfpul) and then put it to excel would be another way 'round.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Vojthas said:

I'm afraid there is no way to do that the other way than simply typing one by one. Or to type the results of each single competition, which is much easier and faster, and then ask Excel to search the name from the classification in the results list and give back their result. It's the function VLOOKUP. That's what I use for the prediction contests I manage.

 

Maybe converting pdf to doc and trying to change it to table (ctrl+h and changing spaces to tabs mightbe helfpul) and then put it to excel would be another way 'round.

Yeah, importing the points (not the finish results) seemed to be the biggest issue. It's alright for one or two races, but typing that in manually for dozens of races throughout the season...there's just a major lack of time. I've tried converting their PDF's with the points, but it always ends up being skewed one way or another.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Yeah, importing the points (not the finish results) seemed to be the biggest issue. It's alright for one or two races, but typing that in manually for dozens of races throughout the season...there's just a major lack of time. I've tried converting their PDF's with the points, but it always ends up being skewed one way or another.

As I said - pdf to doc, then the table to excel

biathlon.xlsx

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 14/03/2021 at 12:58, OlympicsFan said:

Does anyone know if there will be an age limit at the Olympics next year? Mia Brookes from GB (born in 2007) could medal if she will be allowed to compete.

For every sport there is a specific age limit dependig what the sport federation likes.

 

 

From https://assets.fis-ski.com/image/upload/v1588059183/fis-prod/assets/Snowboard_V1.1.pdf - Snowboard Qaulification Rules:

 

"All athletes participating in the Olympic Winter Games Beijing 2022 must be born before 1 January 2007 in accordance with Article 2014.6: International Snowboard / Freestyle Ski /Freeski Competition Rules (ICR)."

 

So bascially she could not participate.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...